Me and my big mouth!

mrscookie

Mama and expecting
Reaction score
This happened a few days ago now, but I have only just had chance to tell you about it lol.

You know how people with no kids park in parent and toddler?

Well me hub and Ly were getting into the car at morissons, when a car with 3 men pulled up beside us. I started to evil the driver etc, getting all worked up as we pulled away, and just as we left our space, a trolley man walked by. So I demanded hubby stop the car and wind the window down. So he did, and I said to the guy '' THOSE MEN!! THEY DON'T HAVE CHILDREN! IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME'' blah blah etc etc, and the trolley guy nodded, and said he cant do anything about it, and all the while I was waving my hands and pointing with sheer exagerration so they could see.
Anyway, I decided the trolley guy wasn't going to do anything, so we began to drive off. I was still busy staring at the men, when I noticed them get out of the car... it wasn't til then that I realised the third man, had downsyndrome :dohh:and probably wasn't a full grown man but a teen or older child.

I felt absolutely awful. So ashamed, embarassed.. everything.

We sped off so damn fast!

But just a warning to the car park spot yeller's like me... make sure 1000% that the people in the car are people that shouldn't be there before you kick off.

:blush:Oh the shame and guilt:dohh:

Oh dear. Don't worry mistakes happen and you said what you did with 100% good intentions :hugs:

LMAO! Sorry I had to laugh at that, it sounds like something I'd do. Everyone makes mistakes hun and like you said, people do it all the time so it's not your fault you jumped to the wrong conclusion.

AWW it could happen to any of us!

I'm sorry I had to laugh, but like everyone said mistakes happen!

lol bless you. you wernt to know! i shout at people who park in those spaces all the time!!

Everyone's probs done it at some point hun.

I shouted at a chavette today for parking in them with no kid! :(

I did something really simular a few weeks ago! I was just about to open my car door to let my son out when we got to the park when this big van decided that out of all the spaces in the carpark they wanted to park where I was trying to get to.

I started ranting at my husband about, 'bloody van drivers'. Then I said, 'I bet I turn around and it's a bus for the disabled just to make me look like a complete a*sehole' (I was really fuming:blush:). I turned around and it was! I wanted the ground to swallow me up, a few others had heard my rant too:blush:. I quickly got our toddler out and sped into the park incase I got told off for being rude!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's done something like this.

my cousin is registered disabled as her tendons don't grow at the same speed as her feet and after numerous operations she is quite able to walk, provided she is wearing shoes. She still waddles a little and has a mobility car, though she will eventually end up in a wheelchair due to the pain that walking causes her. I have lost count of the amount of times she has come home crying because someone has shouted at her for parking in a disabled space (despite having her blue badges showing). For that reason I NEVER confront people (though I do have a good strop about it to my OH).

Oh dear,I dont think i would ever shout at someone who i didnt think was disabled but i would at someone who was parking in P&C but obviously had no children. Last time we were at toys r us there was a chav woman sat next to us in P&C no child,no car seat, no sign of any child at all just parked up next to us...got her phone out and started texting and then made a phone call then went!!!!!!!!! i was soooooooooooooooo mad..off all the places too...anyone who lives near me this was at birstall retail park which is huuuuuuuuuuuge and has loads of spaces (well it did this day coz it was a week day) but parking in P&C outside a bloody toy shop when you dont have a child is just fecking rude.......i shouted from outside the car "im seeing more and more of these invisible children around these days!!!!!" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Anyway Melbo, hope you feel better now :)

Oh dear,I dont think i would ever shout at someone who i didnt think was disabled but i would at someone who was parking in P&C but obviously had no children. Last time we were at toys r us there was a chav woman sat next to us in P&C no child,no car seat, no sign of any child at all just parked up next to us...got her phone out and started texting and then made a phone call then went!!!!!!!!! i was soooooooooooooooo mad..off all the places too...anyone who lives near me this was at birstall retail park which is huuuuuuuuuuuge and has loads of spaces (well it did this day coz it was a week day) but parking in P&C outside a bloody toy shop when you dont have a child is just fecking rude.......i shouted from outside the car "im seeing more and more of these invisible children around these days!!!!!" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Anyway Melbo, hope you feel better now :)

lol im soo gonna use tht invisible children one!!!

Oh how awful!! Im constantly giving the evils to people who have no children that park in the parent and toddler spaces. There was an oldish couple parked in one the other day and I wanted to shout at them.. Just because they're old, doesnt mean they cant walk!! Grrr!!

Have you watched The Inbetweeners? This so reminded of the episode where they go to Thorpe Park and q for ages to at the front of air only to be put on the second row bar Will who starts kicking off only for a group of disabled teens to sit next to him! Bless you hun, I statrted having a go at a bloke in a van who took the last space, he told me he had a kid but I didn't believe so Iwent abit further up and waited only to watch him set up a buggy and get a baby out lol!!! the shame!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->