meal ideas! need help please!

jess3012

mummy to megan
Reaction score
I really need some ideas on meals for my dieting.
Whats your favorite healthy meal?

Or some reccomendations on healthy cook books!

Help please:flower:

Salads!

You can do a ton of prep before hand and build them quickly as you need a meal, plus there are a thousand variations. Spend a couple of hours grilling some lean fish or chicken, chopping a huge and colourful assortment of fruit and veg, then get it all packed away in the fridge. Build yourself yummy salads very quickly from your prepped ingredients (use a kitchen scale or a measuring scoop to be careful of portion size), and keep it interesting by switching up dressings and ingredient combinations. You can do caesars, thai, italian, chef's, waldorf's, cobb's, etc. Keep your ingredients as whole and unprocessed as possible (so if it's a caesar, maybe skip the garlic croutons, but be sure to have a good portion of chicken breast in there, and choose a lighter version of the dressing), make sure you are getting enough calories and in the right proportions (carbs/proteins/fats), and you can go for a few weeks feeling like meals are a big treat.

Thanks

ive already been eating salad with every meal nearly! gets a bit boring after the 4th week!

Oh. :)
I can imagine my suggestion might not have been all that appetizing then! :haha:
Maybe apply the same idea to stir fries?
I'm a big advocate of getting the prep for several meals done ahead of time because I don't get tempted to cheat if I get home hungry and tired. It's all right on hand and easy to throw together.
For stir fries, good carb choices to accompany the meat and veg are quinoa (very high protein grain) or buckwheat soba noodles. :)

Stir-fry is always a good choice as long as you don't overdo the oil. Use plenty of vegetables, pre-portioned noodles (nests) and some soy sauce. Delicious! :D

Tuna steak done on the George Foreman.
Roasted courgette, red onion and red pepper done for 20 mins in the oven with some spray oil.
Cous cous (Tesco's own meditteranean veg one is nice and about 50p a bag - you just add water and leave it to soak up for 5 mins).
Really tasty, healthy and filling.

Ooh and this is another nice one:
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5939/tomato-and-thyme-cod?pager.offset=100

what about lentils? indian food has some great lentil recipes- so high in protein, and if you need to fry the onion/spices use olive oil sparingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->