Meal ideas

_Lexi_

Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter
Reaction score
It's getting to the point where I can no longer be bothered to stand for ages cooking a meal, but I'm not a fan of fast food. Anyone got any meal suggestions? Oh isn't normally home until gone 7pm at the earliest, and he's not a great cook, but does try sometimes!! So what are you all eating/cooking for your evening meal? The past few months I've been using my slow cooker a lot, but its getting a bit warm (and I'm getting too uncomfortable) for heavy stews etc x

The slow cooker has been my friend lately! Pot Roast with veggies tossed in there at least once a week.

Stir fry! Most grocery stores sell the veg pre-prepared and pre-cooked noodles or rice if you're feeling extra lazy.

All i seem to be eating is jacket potatoes or pasta i really cant deal with big heavy hot meals atm either last night i made cottage pie and i just couldnt eat it so tonight will be something like pasta as its easy to make and doesnt make me to full or warm eating it.

agree with stir fry, pasta bakes, baked potato and stews! Also been making lasagnes, cassaroles, Bolognese and quiche to freeze.

I'm still cooking a lot, but there are nights when I really can't be bothered. At that point "one pan" jobs such as stir fry, tuna pasta bake or casserole are perfect - I can sit down to do the prep, then it's only a couple of minutes on my feet to do anything over the hob before it's either ready, or I can bung it in the oven :)

Here is what I make when DH isn't about to make something for me;

• Pasta dishes.
  • It costs more but a bag/bowl of pre-made salad.
  • French stick sandwiches.
  • Bean burgers. Although anything quick in the oven would work too.

I get DH to bbq - bbq chicken, steaks, homemade hamburgers. And I make different salads and veggies to go on the side:

Asparagus - boiled for a few minutes then drizzled with olive oil, vinegar and a dash of salt
Green beans - boiled for a few minutes then drizzled with olive oil, vinegar and a dash of salt
Tomato and cucumber salad
Green salad

Or I will do garlic bread, have some olives on the side.

I find if you plan your meals for the week, you spend less time going around in your kitchen trying to put something together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->