meal ideas?

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
im really struggling to come up with meals that we can all eat as a family, all i can think of is stuff like pasta and cheese sauce (which paul hates!) and stuff like chicken stew and vegetables, oh and sunday dinner but we cant afford that more than once a week, i need meals for dinner and for tea and i just cant think of enough

leyla is 9 months so she cant eat everything, im wary of giving her stuff in too much juice / sauce so we dont eat things like that

any ideas?

I'm no help as we are eating different things than Edward. I hope to get some ideas from the replies to this post too. This is a hard age to get good food ideas that work for everyone.

We do stuff like lasagne, spag bowl, shepherds pie, fish pie and sausage and mash.

I made home made burgers the other night from beef mince, perfect as he can hold onto it himself. Same with meatballs - I sometimes use pork or turkey mince for this too. Beef stew with big chunky veg so she can hold onto it herself and the beef is lovely and soft if you cook it for a while (3hours+). Just take the meat and veg out of the sauce? I don't use stock cubes or salt either, either home made stock or the baby stock cubes. If you want salt, I add it later. I make this with scone dumplings - plain scone mixture rolled into balls and put on the top of the stew and return to oven until they are golden on top.
I make fish fingers too - just cut up a fillet of any fish and coat in flour, egg then breadcrumbs and grill/fry. Make potato wedges or home made oven chips to go with it.

I do stuff like spag bol, chilli con carne (i cook all the meat together but when i get to adding the spices I put a little bit in a separate saucepan for Joseph so he doesn't have it spicy), risotto, stews, i also make curries and do the same as I do with chilli con carne, I make him a non-spicy version. I have Kallo very low salt stock cubes which have much less salt but means we still get some flavour in our dinner (100ml is 0.06g of salt, he would have less than 100ml in his meals) x

for alfies dinners i cook up in batch of homemade soups i make leak and potato, carrot and corriander, carrot and ginger. and then for tea he has the same as the family and we do things like spag bol, pies and veg,hotpot, cassarole, even simple bakes beans and sausages with some mash if i cant be bothered some days its good for him :)

Spaghetti, roasts, veg mix, toast and filler, fish and veg, I cook and then freeze loads xx

William loves rabbit stew, any casserole (which is good cos you can use cheap cuts of meat), shepherds pie, tuna pasta bake, ham salad, omlette, bubble n squeak (uses any lef over veggies so nice n cheap), cheese on toast, pilchards or sardines on toast, pretty much anything we eat!

I have to ask... what is bubble n squeak?

bubble and squeak is left over veggies like potatoes, cabbage and onion all fried up together, yummy!

We have things like:

Homemade vegetable burgers,
Lasagne,
Chilli on baked potatoes,
Roasted veg in yorkshire puddings with gravy (my fave!)
Steamed fish with veg
Sausage and mash
Homemade pizza (sometimes I cheat and buy the base!)
Spag Bol
Pasta Bake
Potato skins with different fillings
Curry
Pies (both homemade and bought)
Salads.

:)

I have to ask... what is bubble n squeak?

Bubble n Squeak is fab! I usually make sure I make extra mash when I am doing bangers n mash so it can be fried up with pepper, onion, celery, corgette and any other veggies kicking around in the bottom of the fridge. It's quick and delicious, and if you haven't made quite enough it goes wonderfully with beans.

Traditionally Bubble and Squeak would be made on a Monday (after the Sunday roast) to use up all the leftovers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->