Meal plan

Mrs_T

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide what to eat the week of Christmas but struggling to come up with ideas! What dinner will you be having around Xmas week, and what are you doing for your other meal on Xmas day (as in not Christmas dinner, your other meal)?

Thanks in advance!

The only days I know is take away Christmas Eve. Christmas dinner at lunch time ish and then a buffet in the evening. Boxing Day is cold meats, salad etc and again buffet on the evening xx

I'm not that sure tbh!

usually xmas eve we will have a buffet tea of party food bits,

xmas day is xmas dinner then tea i might do some nibbles at home but not much!

boxing day probs mcdonalds if we go sales shopping haha! then i go out drinking so just a light tea.

I only have planned Christmas Eve and Day. Everything else will be whatever I feel like cooking at the time. :haha:

Christmas Eve we'll order Chinese take out. And then Christmas Day will be either lamb or ham (Or both if DH gets his way!) and the usual sides. Dinner is around lunchtime on Christmas. In the evening we either have left overs or snacks I put out like cheese and crackers.

I have literally just been doing the same list myself it goes like this

Mon 21 Cottage pie (homemade)
Tues 22 Chicken pitta breads
Wed 23 Sausage, mash and beans
Thurs 24 Chippy tea
Fri 25 Christmas dinner

For our other meal on Christmas Day we have bacon/sausage on toast for breakfast, Christmas dinner around 3pm and then we go to my aunties for a party at night and she does a buffet.

^^^ ooo might have cottage pie too, or maybe shepherds pie and also thought of toad in the hole, carbonara and a salmon and asparagus pasta dish I sometimes do. Thanks for the ideas guys!

He he I don't cook so better ask OH

We don't have another 'proper' meal on xmas day, I think i'd explode if I did! :haha: Just breakfast then xmas dinner is a sort of late lunch/early dinner affair and we just graze on crisps and other snacks before and after.

We will be eating whatever we have in the cupboard / freezer, as we just sold our house and bought a new one! We will be moving sometime early next year, and i don't fancy luging our current stash of non-perishables to our new place. So, I predict a lot of pasta, and a fair bit of chicken in sauce!

I dont plan, I just go with the flow :haha:

Christmas eve is defo a take away and Christmas day is defo Turkey, boxing day will be left over turkey and gammon, after that I dont have a clue, we do go out for dinner a few times over the two weeks so I wont buy to much food incase it goes to waste :flower:

We have a full English on Christmas day breakfast and Christmas dinner at 3ish so we just snack in the evening (crackers, nuts, mince pies etc...)

Christmas eve will be takeaway if OH is working. I've also got fajitas, enchiladas, pasta bake and hunters chicken in my Christmas shop x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->