meant to be having 20week scan on monday BUT **UPDATE**

amylw1

my 3 boys in avatar. x
Reaction score
hi,

meant to be having 20week scan on monday BUT lil man has chicken pox and i now have no-1 to look after him as he was going to his great grandparents (nan 83, grandad 92), so cant really look after him incase they get shingles. my sister cant get time off work at this short a notice and neither can the nighbour.

OH has got the day off so that he could come to the scan, he has said he will have the boys (eldest is fine) but would rather come for scan.

altering the date isnt an option as OH boss wont give him another day off.

can you take them with you? but check with the hospital 1st because of him having chcicken pox?? x

no cos he's not meant to be in contact with anyone that is pregnant - sadly i dont have a choice about this as hes my son, but i'm not a high risk

Can you not ask a friend to have them for you? Hope you manage to sort something :hugs:

When we were little and had chicken pox, we were suddenly very popular with other kids whose parents wanted them to catch it while they were still young! Not sure what the current advice is but if it's still allowed to do that, maybe a parent of one of your son's friends would have him over to play for a bit? You could ring the hospital and ask that you be seen on time as you have to get back to a sick child and I'm sure they'd try to accommodate you.

theres not many ppl i would trust the boys with as eldest is ADHD and a devil with it. most of my friends work and the kids are in daycare. this is why its a problem. the inlaws are NOT an option (long story, but still not speaking to them).

i do think its going to be OH staying at home though. unfortunately.

Can you ring up and move it? Tell them that your son has chicken pox and you cant get care so you cant make that date but if they changed it you can. I'm sure they will be understanding - so long as you say now and not on monday

the hospital will change the scan but OH wont give him another days holiday so he can attend.

aww i hope you can get something sorted. Not sure what else to advise really, sorry x

Aww hon sounds like he's going to miss it anyway. Isn't it better if you go alone and get it done. What a horrid situation. How old are your sons?

the boys are 6 and 3. my neighbour has asked her mum if she will have them for a couple of hrs. not seen her to find out answer. they have known her mum since they were born, so shes not a stranger to them. fingers crossed.

IF we cant get anyone i will go on my own, but its a shame for OH.

**UPDATE**

well its good news WE are going for the scan. my mate rang me today to see if my OH can fix her pc again. so i said yes (cos OH dont mind doing biits for friends), asked her IF she was busy tomorrow and HAD her 1yr old had chicken pox. the answer was not busy and no. so i asked her IF she could have the boys for couple hrs as got my scan and lil man has chicken pox and my babysitter (80yr old and 93yrs old grandad) had said no cos of them.

i did tell her that most had scabbed over so may not be infectious etc, but she said IF her lil man gets them its 1 thing less to worry about later.

still NOT sure if we're finding out what baby is, probably will do though. but will let you know how things go.

:yipee: fab news, always works out in the end. :hugs:

yes, we were going take him with us as all have scabbed over so technically he isnt infectious, but at least this wy the hosp cant refuse to scan me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->