Measles

2ndtimeluckyX

Reaction score
Just took LO to the Drs as she has a rash, he thinks it could be measles and she has a blood test booked in for tomorrow to diagnose.
In the panic I didn't even ask what this effect has on me and bump!!!! It is very obvious that I am preg and he didn't mention anything.
I had measles as a child, also had the vaccine in 2010.
My midwife isn't answering and on NHS website it says to contact your GP if you think you have been in contact with measles and are not immune.
Do you think I have anything to be worried about? We are back at the Drs tomorrow for her blood test so can check then but just wondered if any of you had experience?

I'd think your be immune if you've had it and the vaccine three years ago.

Wouldn't worry, if u've had it as a child, and the injection 3 yrs ago u should be immune. All will be fine. Does it say in your notes (it'll be under 'rubella'). x

Ah yes it is! It says in my blood tests "rubella antibodies present" :thumbup:
Am I right in thinking that measles is the Rubella virus?

Measles and rubella are two different things, but sounds very much like you're immune. I actually asked my gp this morning as we are off to south Wales in a couple of weeks (where the outbreak is) and she said most adults are immune. If you've had it before then you'll be immune, let alone with the jab on top of that! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->