Measuring a few days behind, later ovulation?

AsheBro

Ethan and bumps mommy
Reaction score
This isn't a post about me being worried about baby but something that has been rattling around in my head since my dating scan a few weeks ago. I went into the appointment thinking I was exactly 8 weeks. The dating scan said I was measuring 7w3d so four days behind which I know is normal and the doctor didn't change my due date. I'm just curious if maybe I ovulated four days later than what I was expected to. I think I'm mainly wondering because I know female sperm last longer but is slower and I wasn't doing any kind of charting or temping with this pregnancy. When I got pregnant with my son, I was charting and all of that so I knew when I ovulated and we DTD the day I O'd which resulted in my little boy (which supports the claim that boys are faster) Obviously theres no way to tell when I actually O'd and regardless I've got a 50/50 chance for a girl, but curiosity is getting the best of me. lmao.

They won't change it until your 12 week dating scan ad by they bubs could have caught up. I was measuring 4/5 days behind at my earlier scans and I was absolutely sure of dates. By my 10 week scan they were measuring bang on. X

My little bean was rolling around during my 8 week scan, and dated differently depending on what point the OB caught him at! :lol: Thankfully, the OB trusted me completely when I told him how far along I should be, and kept trying until he was able to get a more accurate measurement. But there was a whole week's variance depending on the angle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->