Measuring behind, anyone else?

PregNurse

Reaction score
Yesterday I had an early scan at what I thought was at 7+1, although it turns out I measured 5+6. We saw a good heartbeat, yolk sac and fetal pole. The Dr said that I looked right on track and probably just ovulated late. But of course measuring behind is concerning.

Here is a little background about my dates though...

I was on the pill, skipped my placebo pills so that I could "skip" my period, the week after I attempted to "skip my period" I got my period which was August 5th. As soon as I got my period I immediately stopped taking the pill. So my due date was based off August 5th but now is getting pushed back.

Has anyone had any similar experiences? I have absolutely no idea when I ovulated since my cycle got messed up with the pill situation. I am guessing/hoping I ovulated later due to my situation.

I had a similar experience with my son but I was a little bit futher along....
I went for my 12 week scan and was put back 2 weeks, I was also a little concerned but just turned out I had ovulated later than I thought.
He arrived a week early though!! X

I did something similar. I missed one pill and took the next one late, got a period just under a week early and then said screw the pills. No period after that, so my LMP was based off a slightly early period. I went in at 7+5 and they said I was measuring around 6 wks. Right now I'm still sticking with my LMP date, but they pushed my 12 week appt back based on the dating scan, which really is fine because I am on vacation anyways. I am looking forward to seeing how I measure in 2.5 weeks!

We definitely have a similar situation! I am trying not to worry as I am sure my ovulation cycle was not consistent due to the pills. I hope your next scan goes well!

I just had the same at a scan yesterday, my lmp was 1st August so I thought I'd be 7weeks and 6 days but got out back to 7 weeks 1 day (my baby is only 8 months old so my cycles weren't back to being regular) the doctor said everything looked healthy for a 7 weeks baby and she didn't see any reason to worry but of course I haven't stopped panicking about it since. I'm sure you'll be fine plus babies can catch up a few days too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->