Measuring behind with heartbeat and good hcg levels

jan5582

Reaction score
I've had 2 previous losses, 1 at 7 weeks and 1 that was a blighted ovum. I went in for my ultrasound and I was 9 weeks from lmp, however the Dr. Considers that 7 weeks. The was a baby with a hb but measuring 5 1/2 weeks. The Dr. took blood to check levels and said she was on the fence. My levels came back at 54,022. She said this concerned her because there should be more development at those levels. Has anyone experienced this? When I talked to the nurse she said that those hcg levels overlap and it puts me anywhere from 6-8 weeks so that isn't THAT far behind especially with seeing a hb right? I go back May 13th for another ultrasound but am just driving myself crazy right now. I feel as if my symptoms are continuing and my belly is getting bigger but not sure if that's any good indicator.

Hun everyone's levels are different here is a guild. Yours are fine. The levels don't always matter just as long as the went up enough. And the fact you have seen a heartbeat it great Hun xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 17
Thanks that's what I keep thinking, but in just concerned that the OB was concerned. I'm not sure if maybe with my history of miscarriage that she's erring on the side of caution right now or what. I just don't want to get my hopes too high to be disappointed. This wait is making me crazy!

They are all normal range levels Hun. I think sometimes they try to apply to much science to it. But in pregnancy that just can't be done. All the best Hun & sure everything will be just fine ☺️

Thanks for the quick replies, it definitely helps to ease my mind a bit. My husband seemed hopeful bc of the heartbeat and this is the furthest we've gotten in a pregnant. I've had no pain not spotting and the other two I did so all signs point to good things.

I got a positive test March 27th, and lmp was Feb 24th.

According to the measurements on the ultrasound, you got a positive test before you even conceived. Which explains why your OB is concerned. I've heard stories about people going back for follow up scans and the baby has caught up on growth and is fine but when this happened to me I wasn't so lucky. I'm sorry you're going through this. The not knowing is a torture :hugs:

Just curious did you have a hb when it happened to you? That's the little thing that gives me a bit of hope.

I did. I've seen heartbeats in two of my failed pregnancies. Sorry to say it. But that was me and you could be luckier :hugs:

Thanks, did you have good hcg levels too? I'm just going crazy here!

They didn't measure my hcg levels but they must have been fairly high because I was really sick x

Trying to prepare for the worst. This waiting and limbo is terrible.

It is. It's one of the worst forms of torture. I hated it :(

Try not to worry baby can be so tightly wrapped up in there. It's so small right now a few mms can make all the difference. Try to stay positive Hun even if it seems that all maybe lost. Next scan just might surprise you. Some are just slow starters and quickly make up for it. 🙏🙏 for you xx

Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts, we need them for sure! Part of me has a good feeling about this time where the other times I didn't, but I also don't want to let myself have the good feeling and get so disappointed!

Well I've started spotting and have bright red blood sometimes if I use the bathroom. Nothing terrible but this is how the others started. Debating going to the ER to at least get a sonogram and know one way or another and maybe if it s bad they can presecribe pain killers.

Go to the ER if for no other reason than for your peace of mind :hugs: I hope it is nothing serious xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->