Measuring big

twinkletots

Reaction score
My fundal height measured over from 28 weeks pregnant and has continued to do so.
I am now 32 weeks and had a scan today which suggests the baby is in the 90 th percentile for weight.
I am really worried there is something wrong with baby causing it to grow so fast. Anyone else had experience of this?

At my scan they told me my baby was big and my dates might be off by one or two weeks. I'm not so sure though, I think he's just a big boy. I don't think it's a big deal for a baby to be in the 90th percentile, that still seems normal to me. Some babies are big, some small...

I don't think there's anything to worry about, some kids are just bigger. My boys were 8lb 4oz and 9lb. No GD I'm not huge and neither is hubby I just make big babies for some reason.
Those scans can be wrong too, I don't trust them.

My babies are always big, and I've never had GD. Some people just have big babies. Genetics play a huge role. As long as you're avoiding juice and chocolate(according to my midwife) baby will be the size it is meant to be;) don't worry too much.
My son was 8lbs 13oz at 37 weeks. My daughter was 8lbs3oz at full term. I'm not a big person to start with, and neither is my husband.

At 39 weeks I was measuring 44...ultrasound showed too much fluid and baby measured in 98th percentile. Doc wanted to induce but I declined since I know how far off those measurements can be (and doc didn't have any concerns about the fluid level that would need to be addressed before birth). Sitting at 40+3 today hoping things will get moving soon...this is a lot of belly to carry around and I'm SO tired of the twin comments.

Thanks ladies. I am also sick of the comments junebaby. If one more person tells me how huge I am and how much I've grown am going go crazy at them.
Yes I know I'm huge, I have to carry this massive belly around with me every day!!!
Hope baby comes out soon x

I measured 3 weeks ahead at my anatomy scan on my first baby. When he was born he was on the 99 %tile at 9lbs 11.5oz at 40+3. No GD, but my partner and I have tall families and I am 5ft 9. I am 25 weeks pregnant and baby is measuring 3 weeks ahead again so I am fairly sure I will have a big baby again. My lb has remained at 99% with weight and height. It's no big deal having a big baby if there is no medical reason for it.

My son was HUGE (and I did not have GD). At my 32 wk scan he weighed nearly 6 lbs. He ended up born at 38 wks and 8 lbs, perfectly healthy.

With my DD I was measuring 6 weeks ahead and had a few growth scans, GD test and she was 7lbs11 at 40+6 so not too big at all!

I measured ahead, had uncontrolled GD (only found at at 34 weeks), scans said baby would be huuuge...she was 47cm and 7lbs 15oz. Chubby but only a tiny bit above average newborn weight. She was short so seemed tiny.

Growth estimates in pregnancy are so ridiculously off. I kept getting told based on growth ultrasounds that my baby was in the 50th - 55th percentiles in weight. My fundal measurements showed she was a couple weeks BEHIND (small).

She was born 9.5lbs. No GD, no big parents, no problem with my labor. She's just a biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->