measuring farther along? anyone else. only 27 weeks.

Twayzeekrissy

Mama of 1. pregnant
Reaction score
So originally I was having twins. But lost one around 8 weeks. Didn't know until 13 weeks. I'm sure I keep thinking about this because of how excited I was to have 2. Anyways I find it very odd that I'm measuring 36 weeks. Seeing midwives and they aren't concerned. Which I'm glad but there's a part of me that wonders if maybe there was 3 and they only saw 2. Which would explain why I'm. Measuring so far ahead. Or maybe my body is just strange and my uterus is almost full term... next ultrasound isn't until Feb 13th. But I can't help but wonder if maybe there is a hiding baby. If there isn't then I'm worried this baby will be a giant because of all the space it has to grow.

Also most of my movements are down low. But at least twice a day I get movements up high and down low. And sometimes down low on the right and left.

Wish I could stop wondering. I'm sure I'm just sad that we lost one. But still odd

Sorry you lost one of your twins. I'm sure that was very sad.
My baby is measuring 9 days ahead and I'm much bigger than last time. But clearly bit as far ahead as you! I'm so scared I'm going to have a huge baby.
Can you not arrange a scan sooner? I'm sure waiting is really frustrating.

At 27+4 I was measuring 30 weeks, at 30+4 I measured 33 weeks. Seeing as you're measuring a whole 9 weeks ahead I am very surprised you're not being sent for a scan a lot earlier than mid Feb - here in UK they allow for 2 weeks either way but any more than that and often you are referred for a scan. I'd be pushing for an earlier ultrasound if I were you!

I'm surprised too, with dd I was measuring 38 weeks at 35 and sent for a scan immediately to check fluid. Sure enough I had a pretty high amount, my water broke 10 days later because of it.
I would think they would be concerned with that much of a difference

At 27+4 I was measuring 30 weeks, at 30+4 I measured 33 weeks. Seeing as you're measuring a whole 9 weeks ahead I am very surprised you're not being sent for a scan a lot earlier than mid Feb - here in UK they allow for 2 weeks either way but any more than that and often you are referred for a scan. I'd be pushing for an earlier ultrasound if I were you!

agree with all of the above!

With the tape measure I measure 6 weeks ahead (I have a little extra weight so yeah)

growth scans 3 weeks ahead..

only one baby for me :) my mum had a similar experience to you loosing one twin and my sister was a very big baby, she weighed 9lb13oz 10 days early

I don't feel like anything is wrong. I just can't stop wondering if they missed something. I am glad that my midwives aren't freaking out. That happened too much last time. So stressful. I like how relaxed things are. Just can't help but wonder

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->