measuring only 23-24 weeks at 28 weeks

ByHisGrace

Reaction score
We had a scan for dating a couple months ago, so that's what we're running our due date off of, but we've had another dating scan recommended, since any way you look at it(won't bore you w/the whole story) I'm not quite big enough(though I certainly feel it! :wacko: ).

At any rate, we've got a scan scheduled for Monday so we'll see how it's going. Our first was big and born right on time, and I measured a week or two behind the whole time w/him, so it could be that this girly is just going to be smaller and my uterus is good at hiding for measurements.

I'm not really worried as she's nice and wiggly, but does anyone have a similar experience they could share?

I measured behind with all three of my girls - they were small (6 -7lbs), but not tiny by any means.

I'm not a big person, and my doc was actually surprised and concerned with my son when I measured on track every month and induced me a week early in fear he was going to be a whopper! He was 7lbs, 7oz.

This time it's another girl and I'm again measuring small. I feel her move all the time, so while a little worried (but more for other reasons), I feel that she is growing fine.

I believe that so long as your uterus is growing consistently, there is less concern. If you measure small each time, but each time you HAVE grown then to me that would indicate that you are growing and she's just a smaller girl.

If they do a scan, they will look at all her measurements and make sure they are all equal - they would be worried about her not growing properly if her head or stomach were disproportionate to the rest of her - if she's all in proportion, but just a bit smaller, (as my girl is) they're fine with that. Some babies ARE just smaller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->