Medela or Ameda?

Hope115

Cautiously Expecting
Reaction score
Here in the US ur insurance covers a breast pump for free now )- but which one do u think works better? Alot of ppl like the medela but i have heard the ameda feels smoother and think that it works better.... Anyone use both and have a favorite? I plan to eclusively breastfeed but will need to pump when i got back to work.

My lactation consultant said "Definitely Medela PIS advanced over any other non-hospital grade pump".

I have used both and honestly they are both great pumps. The Medela is more quiet but I am currently using the Ameda and it works like a charm!

Sorry I don't have use of both but the Medela is really good x

I used the Medela with my first, but everyone reacts to pump differently. I found with my second that I got much more milk with the Avent pump with the silicone horn inserts. Way more. So while the Medela is okay, it's really up to individual needs.
That being said, my insurance paid for a Pump and gave me a choice of Medela, so I got it as a spare. When it came, I tried it out, and the motor was way less powerful Than the store bought one. Come to find out the insurance often offers a 'cheaper' version. So if you don't have luck pumping, try a better pump!

I have an Ameda and it works great for me. I have no trouble pumping more than enough for my LO while I'm gone to work, and I usually pump for 10 minutes each time.

From my understanding when it comes to the pumps offered on insurance in the US the Ameda model is usually superior to the Medela on offer xx

I have used the Medela Symphony but not the PISA. The one on insurance is not the same as the PISA in most places, it is their insurance/government assistance model and it isn't quite as good. I have not tried the Ameda. Just wanted to mention you might not be getting a PISA through your insurance.

The ones i can chose from are...
Medela Freestyle Breastpump
Medela Pump In Style Advanced with tote or backpack
Ameda Purely Yours Ulta with tote or backpack

Ameda Purely Yours. I love mine. Plus, it's a closed system!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->