Medela Pump in Style vs. Freestyle?

Twinklie12

Mom to DD#1, TTC#2
Reaction score
Hi all! I get a free Medela double pump and wanted ladies to weigh in on the Pump in Style vs. Freestyle? Seems like the Freestyle is supposed to be lighter and good for working pumping Moms, but there were some common complaints about it (poor suction with the shields, didn't get as much milk as fast, milk spills out if you lean over, the hands free option doesn't work - still need a hands free pumping bra). But others love it!

I plan to go back to work after 12 weeks and will need to pump a lot so want to get a good one! Any and all opinions welcomed!

Is it through your insurance? Did they give you the option of the two or did they say free Medela double pump? Because here the medela double pump they give out is a insurance issue one, it isn't the same as the retail one. I had that option and that is why I ask.

Anyway, when I was researching I was going to go with the freestyle, but then I decided against medela pumps in general because they aren't a closed system and moisture can get into the motor and grow mold. But otherwise, I had planned to go with the freestyle, a lot of people like it.

It is through my insurance, but it seems to be the Medlea products that everyone has heard of. I actually can order it right through Target pharmacy, apparently.

What are your needs? The freestyle is for moms that pump like 3+times a week.
The pump in style is ment more for multiple uses every day. Now this isn't concrete becAUSE I've heard of many women using the freestyle multiple times per day but it really wasn't ment for that and that's why you hear the stuff about bad suction etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->