Medicated TTC vs Natural TTC

10yearsago

Reaction score
I took my IUD out almost 2 years ago and no luck. I do have to admit though that I had not been actively trying or tracking anything until recently around Dec 2013. I was told prolactin was high and low here and there so they put me on bromocryptin to help me ovulate "better" because my RE thinks I was not ovulating ALL of the time. I TTC for 2 months with just that with no luck. Went back on CD1-5 and was give 5 days of Clomid to again help me ovulate "better" and on CD6 she did a Mucus/Sperm test and all the sperm were dead. She said I have Hostile Cervical Mucus. Then I read online that Chlomid causes Hostile Cervical Mucus and that the test should be done 1-2 days before ovulation when the mucus naturally is supposed to thin out! This alone bothers me about my RE. From that we have done plenty of US and 2 cycles of IUI's , I get to test next Monday. 3 of the 4 specimens from my DH were thick, she does not say anything to me the 1st IUI except have him take robitussin for our 2nd IUI if the 1st one does not work so he did that. The 2nd IUI I have to ask HER how the sample was and if it was think again, she tells me yes and "this is another reason we have to do IUI's". I ask her okay well how can we correct that she says tell your DH to drink alot of water today and hopefully it will help tomorrow's specimen and it did! I just think with all the money I am paying her she could volunteer these details. So I then tell her that I am still unclear on what my diagnosis is. She tells me again about the Hostile Cervical Mucus and I tell her about the Chlomid and the timing of the test. She tells me "well you need chlmid to ovulate". So I tell her okay, so you say my prolactin is high and low, I do not ovulate normally and I have hostile cervical mucus...well what causes all of these things, why is this happening to me when I have conceived a child before from another marriage and she says "well weight and exercise" are probably the main reasons in your situation. You know could she have not told me that from the beginning? Could she have asked me if I ever have symptoms like ovulating pains or tender breasts as well as all of my blood work. So now I am thinking of not doing anymore IUI's and trying to focus on eating right and excersing. I am not gonna lie, I was a heavy heavy beer drinker almost everyday and not just a few and I am 4'11" and I weigh 178 and I gained 43 of those pounds within 5 years as I was also very thin. I am thinking I need to have them monitor me with US's without medications throghout my cycle to see how my follies do? And maybe another Mucus/Sperm test closer to ovulation without Chlomid? Trying accupuncture, concieveeasy, a fertility massage and herbs to get my body regulated again.

What do any of you ladies think of anything I have posted. This stuff is new to me. I learn tons of stuff every day reading here onlilne. When she was giving me all these medications I was just taking them until recently I have started to research all of this stuff. Should I request all of this from her my RE or should I just go back to see a OBGYN.

I feel like these doctors dont care and just want to shove drugs on me. I didnt have a problem with the meds at first but then I cannot afford IUI's, I just cant I wish I could.

Please give me some feed back!

Thanks!

You all are in my prayers :)

I always think getting on a healthy path and seeing if any herbal supplements can help along the way is a great starting point if you have the time and patience. I believe there's a time and place for medical intervention by hormone therapy as well as more invasive procedures but if a more natural gentle route can accomplish the same thing why not? Read taking charge of your fertility and start charting if you're able. That's a great starting point and if you see a problem in your cycle there are plenty of great products women have had success with here and be willing to share what worked for them. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->