Medication during pregnancy

ButterCup17

Reaction score
Has anyone here taken lexapro while pregnant? I take it for anxiety and depression but have gone off for both pregnancies. Last time I had no problems at all being off of it. Tbis time I've been a mess. The firstv12 weeks horrible! I think itight have partially been from withdraw. I was sooo angry and short tempered. Things got OK and I thought I was in the clear, but the past week I've been so miserable again!! I really don't think I can go on this way for the next 14 weeks. I'm so angry with my husband 24/7
, which at this point I could care less about him, but I don't want to be miserable in front of my ds.
Anyone have any experience? And what was your dosage? I was taking 10 mg

OK, I must got a new theory.... I've been sick this week and taking musinex... I wonder if that has anything to do with it?? Has anyone taken musinex and gotten very irritable?

I took lexapro several years ago but stopped taking it in large part because I didn't want to be on it for pregnancy, for me it wasn't worth the risks. Depending on the time period that you were weaned off from it, it could be withdrawal symptoms. I think I was on 10 mg and went down very slowly over many months but with each dose decrease I noticed my symptoms seemed to be "worse" until my body go used to having less medication.

Do you have a plan for how you will cope without medication? It usually doesn't work to just stop taking medications without other ways to cope, especially initially when your body is still adjusting. Everyone is different but for me therapy, walking, journaling, diet changes, yoga and meditation have helped me cope.

Well, I followed my musinex theory and stopped taking it today and I can't believe it but my irritability went away that fast! I thought it was weird that after like 10+ weeks of being perfectly normal that my irritability would come back. That's also pretty scary bc musinex is on my Dr approved list of medications, but I will never take it again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->