Meet Matilda's Social Worker Who is Lovely

Deb&Matilda

Mum to baby Matilda xx
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just thought I would let you know I meet Matildas Social Worker who is lovely and her own daughter as SB which is nice cause she defo knows what im going through. Told me there prob isnt much they can help me with at mo appart from I can have respite care if I want it but im fine at the moment.
She was lovely to talk too though and told me loads including emma and lea did you know SB makes your child mature more quickly and she will probably turn into a women at 7 or 8 xxx Oh my god xx I had heard this briefly but didnt know too what extreme xxx

Yeah I knew, its called precocious puberty. Its also the reason why some people with SB are shorter than average because they stop growing at 13/14. It makes me sad to think she will have to be so mature at such a young, but ya know you can't change things like this.. We don't have a Social worker yet, We met one in the hospital but the hospital is not in our region so we'll be getting a new one.
Hope Matilda is ok xx

7 or 8, I did not know it was that soon. I am glad the social worker has a child with same condition it should help lots :)

:hug:

I didn't realize that with the maturation at an early age. I am really glad that you like her social worker. I hate Makena's and actually we never speak. I just go straight past her, and to the government if I ever need something.

I am glad a like her cause I had been told so many horror stories. I had gone all around the house tidying up cause i thought they were going to come and start saying I couldnt cope and take Matilda away how wrong as I she didnt even leave the front room xxx My mum kept saying stop being silly no one is going to take her but I was terified xx

I know what you mean about people thinking you can't cope, I too was sooo scared people would think we weren't coping when T was first home. The house was always spotless from top to bottom, Tegan was dressed for every appointment and I was absolutely knackered!!!! Now the house is clean but not shining, T is sometimes in her jammies still at 11am, some days we stay in our jammies all day when we have no visitors and just play all day, and I am not so tired any more :) I think most social workers realise that parenting isn't about everything being clean, especially with a special needs child you need to find some sort of balance. SOme days you have to let the mess slide and just do what you can fit into the few hours your baby is awake and you have no visitors etc. :hugs: xx

Also the days we stay in our jammies (probably 2 days a week) are the best days ever :) We have loads of cuddles and play and make her laugh all day long.. they are the best, to have no one intruding into your space is just so great :D

I agree when "they" come in you feel like you have to be perfect. I live in the states never had a social worker. I did have a visiting nurse when I was younger with my first 11 years ago. She was very nice too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->