Meeting Midwives and Home Visit

T

TeddysGirl

Hiya.

I am planning on having a home birth because I've only ever heard good things from people who have had home births and after being birthing partner for my sister in a hospital it is definitely something I don't want if I can avoid it !!!

The midwife I see at the doctors surgery isn't much help at all (e.g. telling me to drink loads of lucozade to stop me feeling faint, forgetting to tell me she meant the isotonic sports version so I ended up shaking and vomiting and also waiting 2 weeks to tell me I had mixed bacterial growth in my urine sample and needed to provide another sample) so I don't feel like I can ask her about this kind of thing so was wondering if some of you lovely ladies on here could answer a few questions and your home births.

1. When will I meet the midwife who is going to deliver my baby ?
2. When will the home visits start ?
3. How sterile does the room I'm going to give birth in have to be ? I have 3 cats and a dog so although my house is clean, there is pet hair (tbh it doesn't bother me too much considering women give birth in all sorts of circumstances but I don't know if the midwives have to make sure it's sterile)
4. What sort of pain relief is available ? I think I would only like gas and air.

Thanks for any help. The only people I am close with that have had home births are my mum (who had a home birth with my brother 21 years ago) and my fiance's grandmother (who had home birth with her daughter and my father in law 50+ years ago) so no one knows how things work more recently.

:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->