Meghan Rose's birthday, the best day of my life!

rachieroo

2 Girls, 1 boy, 2 pmps.
Reaction score
I love reminding myself of what happened so thought i would share :D (Its a bit long mind)

Well Meghan was due on Saturday 2 Oct 2010, and I had had the smoothest pregnancy, so was feeling really happy and excited. I had religiously read what to expect when your expecting. I had saved my holidays in work so took them before maternity leave, and was off for 7 weeks before due date. I had plenty to occupy me though, as we had just got the keys to our home, and plenty of decorating needed to be done to make it ready for our arrival. I had friends round to help, and i was only allowed to paint where i could reach, so i was on tea duty :/.
One of my friends who wasn't due until 3 weeks after me went into labour the Sunday before I was due, and although she had a really traumatic birth, i remember feeling slightly jealous that she had gotten to meet he LO before me, ha the things hormones do to you!
In an attempt to get things going, my mum, who i am very close to, suggested i walk up and down the stairs, and as incentive, i was allowed a piece of her chocolate for every set i did! This did not work, and although i was still not 40 wks, i was so ready and excited about going into labour. On the Tuesday night i had had enough, and decided to go for a very long walk around our tesco store, looking for tea and after about 3 laps, i decided i was going to brave a hot curry (all i ever order is korma :) ). So off to the indian we went and i ordered a madras, and the waiter even joked about the baby being an indian lover. So i attempted to eat it, and managed to eat the chicken and a little bit of rice, followed by a pint of milk lol! I decided if that didnt work, i would be patient and wait until LO was ready.
The next day OH went to work as normal, and i started to get ready to got carpet shopping as it was payday (yay) and i started having an uncomfortable tummy. I put it down to a bad curry, and carried on. OH came through the door at about 2:10 and this feeling was more prominent, and had been there since about half 11. When he mentioned phoning the midwife, i felt silly, as labour hadnt even crossed my mind :dohh: i as more worried about him being annoyed with me for not being ready! Rang midwife and she suggested taking paracetamol and having a bath as i was early and it might ease it off. So given that we were waiting for an oil delivery (typical) we had no hot water so went to mums for a bath, after having a little sob to OH about the pain. Got to mums and OH went and ran my bath while i took parecetamol, which didnt stay down long.
My contractions were getting more and more intense and more frequent, and i amazed myself, i just breathed through them, and i am a very verbal woman usually! jumping in the bath i sent OH to pay rent and rang my mum in work who came straight home. Id had enough of the bath and got out, in more pain, so hubby rang midwife. I had been so obsessed beforehand on timing contractions, and i hadnt even timed one. so we were told to ring the labour ward and i had to speak to them so they could get a jist of my pain, and i was called in. We got to the hospital at about half 4, and i was examined at half 5. The midwife told me i was not dilated, but i was totally effaced, and she assured me not to be disheartened as i was doing well. i was so worried they were going to send me home, but the contractions started getting more frequent and i asked for pain relief, so they gave me more painkillers. Like the paracetamol, it came straight back up, all over the bed, so i jumped back in the bath. I ws then given gas and air, and was left to carry on for the next couple of hours, with my mum and my hubby at my side. At about 7 i couldnt take any more, and asked for more painrelief and was offered pethidine, which i did not want. so an epidural was offered which i jumped at. However... the anaesthetists were all busy, the labaour ward was so busy, and the was an emergency op going on, so i had to wait.
When my midwife came back an hour and a half later still with no epidural, i was upset, but was still so polite, i said please and thank you, i was smiling... i was happy it was finally happening. The midwife joked that i would beat the anaesthetist and examined me at 10pm, and i was 7cm. So down to delivery i was taken the midwife was right i had beaten the anaesthetist...
In an attempt to move it along, the midwife took me for a wee and by the time i got to the bed i needed to push, so with another examination, midwife said there was a small bit of cervix in the way and to try and hold on. That was the hardest thing i have ever had to do, the urge is so strong!! So eventually i was allowed to start pushing at 11:30 pm. It as late and i was alrady so so tired from the labour that i just wanted to give in, but i knew i was the only one who could get the baby out! After an hour of pushing, baby was slowly making its way into the world, and my contractions eased. I was put on a drip to help the contrations long and the midwife broke my waters. Eventually i managed to keep going an work with the little contractions i was feeling, and Meghan rose was born at 3am on 30th Sept 2010 weighing 6lb 14oz. We did not know we were having a girl, and she is the first granddaughter on both sides :D mum cut the cord as hubby didnt want to and we were handed this perfect little bundle. The placenta would not deliver on its own so i was put on another drip to help it out while the midife checked me. I had a small tear not big enough for a stitch, but when the placenta finally delivered, i heamorrhaged (not sure of the spelling). I had a catheter inserted to try and minimise the bleeding, and it finally stopped. I was given a blood transfusion of 4litres and was discharched on my due date 3 days later. It was the best day of my life, and i am so excited about doing it all again!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->