Mei Tai question

Vici

Mum to a LTTC princess!!
Reaction score
Does it make much differenc ewhat "make" of mei tai you have? I am currently borrowing one from a friend which I love but she will need it back soon so i am looking to get one for myself, however, the one i am borrowing seems alot narrower on the bit that goes round your waist whereas the one i've seen is alot squarer. Will this affect how Imi sits and how comforable she is? x

I'm not sure about what different makes are like but I have a babyhawk and I've found that the bottom of it is a bit too wide for Leyla's legs and she's always refused to do the froggy thing. At first, I just tied a ribbon around it to narrow it for her but now I've actually sewn it a bit narrower. If you really like the one you've seen, you could always do that until Imi gets a bit bigger.

It will make a difference for things like padded straps, size of the panel and thickness of straps may well make a difference too, ubfortunately theres not much you can do to find out how comfy they are, unless theres a sling meet near you

Yeah it makes a difference to me, I have a Simply Mei Tai (in my avatar) and a Babyhawk, the SMT is soooo much comfier, the straps are cord and the waist is padded. I use the SMT for going on walks and the BH for quick shop trips etc.

Freya will sleep really easily in the SMT but not at all in the BH. I think the SMT is longer in the body and the straps are softer when she has her face on them. I do love the BH though, and it's nice to have a choice!

The one I want to buy looks nicer if i'm honest - thicker straps, padded strap round wait whereas the one i'm borrowing only has thin padding on shoulders :) It was just the width of the panel that was worrying me but i think i'll get it and if she doesn't like it, i'll sell it x

different makes have different specs, i have a meljac, ive had babyhawks and a kozy and im waiting for a pretty daisy chain one, i love them all but the costier ones are comfier
imo x

The one i've bought is a Joey Sling :) If I don't like it I can always sell it :)

A friend of mine just puts a large hair bobble over her maitei to gather it in to make a narrower seat.

Seems t work quite well for her although G s happy in a very wide/square maitei and just sits with his feet tickling my ribs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->