Mei tai slings

lulu0504

Bella's Mummy
Reaction score
Am looking to sell my close baby carrier and get a mei tai as Lilia has grown quite a bit and I like the look of the Mei Tai. Does anyone know the best place to buy one and what to look for? Don't know too much about them and don't want to buy the wrong thing.

Anyone on here use a Mei Tai and could post a pic so i can get a better idea?

Do you have a sling meet anywhere near you? My local childrens centre has a drop in group once a month. You can try out different slings, ask questions etc. My baby is still small so i'm using a moby wrap. Haven't used a mei tai. I got my wrap online from sling jax, it was the cheapest place at the time and it arrived very quickly.

theres a guy on ebay that i buy my mei tais from... would you like me to find his shop on there for you?

theyre really nice but cheap i have bought plenty from him

edit.. cant find anything from him on ebay at the moment

I have a babyhawk and LOVE It!!! I have really bad hips, need hip replacement so adding any extra weight usually hurts alot. Like me going shopping i have to have the stroller or a cart to kind of lean on or I can't do it. So I tried lots of slings and they all added extra weight hanging on the front which made it worse for me. This makes it feel like they are part of you, not pulling on you so it works so much better for me. Here are some pics of mine

This was the first day we got it, he was about 3mo old?
https://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h85/mommyof2co/Jan%202008/edit4-2.jpg
https://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h85/mommyof2co/Jan%202008/edit3-2.jpg

I know I have more but I have so many pics and albums on PB I'm having a hard time finding them. Somewhere I have som of my 3yr old in it because he wanted to try it, he's about 32lbs and it was comfortable minus the fact tat he has really long legs so that kind of got in the way on the front but his weight was fine. My youngest is now almost 16mo and 19-20lbs and he still if really comfortable in it. I put him in it alot while I clean, I put him on my back and he almost always falls asleep

wow thanks, thats great momof3co. I've got bad hips (they sub-luxate) so its kind of difficult to carry much weight without pain but i now know that i def wanna try out a mei tai. Unfortunately, there's no sling meet or anything near to us so i'll just have to take the plunge and buy one. I want a babyhawk one as they are so pretty. I remember a user on here had a gorgeous one with hula girls on! i've seen the one i want and its the one with birds on, looks like i'll be ordering later.

Oh and thankyou so much tezzy for looking him up for me, really appreciate it!

Yeah they have TONS of fabrics and colors to choose from, mine is pretty boring lol, I bought it thinking if we had another and it was a girl I could use it for her too but in reality I will buy a cute girly one after 3 boys if I had a girl lol.

It sounds like a type of cocktail lol :)

we have a babyhawk as well :baby:

https://lh5.ggpht.com/_z5ED82JRt9E/SJ9fTfqAx0I/AAAAAAAABoo/wBl_TQrUvoE/s400/IMG_2234.jpg

I ordered it from the net.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"