Membrane sweep

Pauls_angel

Reaction score
38 weeks pregnant, membranes stripped, and now bleeding and passing clots... is this normal??
Very strange... I had my membranes stripped today at the hospital. I have been having braxton hicks every since I had this done. They aren't severe though, just enough to make me uncomfortable. I lost my mucus plug about a week prior. When I went to the bathroom about an hour ago I noticed that I had passed a couple of blood clots about the size of my thumb nail. They were very, very dark red in color... almost black. (which I know means old blood) Also, the toilet was tinged pink because of blood. The blood is not red blood and my midwife did say I could have some pink spotting which I've had. Should I be concerned about these clots?? There were only two. Have any of you ever had anything like this happen to you?? Is it a sign that labour is around the corner? I just can't seem to find any information on this anywhere on the internet. I am baffled. Please help me out if you have any experience with this.

I plan to call my midwife in the morning I am just curious in the meantime.

Ive personally never heard of anything like that happening after a sweep. After mine it lost mucus and tiny streaks of blood in it but that was it. I'd be ringing L&D for some advice.

I would definitely be calling L&D for some advice on this. After a sweep, I think it's fairly common to get mucus and some tinges of blood, but I've never heard of full on clots or anything like that before.
I wouldn't wait until morning, it's better to be safe than sorry :)

I had a bleed at 34 weeks with a couple of clots. They checked me over since I hadn't had a sweep, or intercourse. But apparently disturbing inside can cause things to dislodge.
I wouldn't be too worried, but ring for a bit of advice. It could be left overs from the plug or an already dilating cervix

Clots, or blood tinged mucous? If it's the latter then it'll be your mucous plug coming away which is a good sign :thumbup: call your hospital if you are at all worried though.

Well it turns out it was just blood stained mucous - all good. Thanks fur your advice and concern ladies :) hopefully things might start happening today :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->