Memorials?

collie_crazy

1 Angel, 1 rainbow growin
Reaction score
Firstly, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to mention this :flower: and secondly I am so sorry that we all have to be in this section.

We said goodbye to our precious daughter Emily on Sunday, she was 17 weeks and so perfect :cry: Its all too raw at the moment to tell her story but I'm sure I will in the days to come. Meantime I have been looking at some memorial type stuff and was wondering what other people have done to remember their lost little ones. I seen one website offering to do personalised footprint jewellry with photos / scans of the prints the hospital did which sounded really good...

:hugs:

Sorry for your loss. :( :hug:

I think those sound really nice.

I have canvas hands and foot prints, his finger prints on self made photo-frames, a plate, mainly just finger and foot-prints on different things, lots of photos which I am going to get into one album with a blue bound cover. Oh and I got a tattoo, saying Ryan James with angel wings. xxxx

My Emma was born sleeping at 19 weeks... We had a small memorial service , bought a super tiny white casket and had her buried at a local cemetary that just happens to be right down the street from our Zoo, so she can hear all the animals .. : )) I visit her "spot" daily and bring her pretties ... I ordered her a small headstone that will say Emma Gail... Born sleeping Mar 25, 2011 ... For our house, I have a mold of her feet and hand prints, her actual pics and her ultrasound pics framed throughout the house ... I also ordered a necklace, Engraved with Emma Gail on a heart with a mother holding her baby around it ... I have also planted a small flower garden at my house, next years will be much better, planting time creeped right past and didn't get much going this year, but have some that I LOVE watering everynight, I think of Em' then ...I have done and planned to do so much I can't keep up ... ; )

We just had our memorial service yesterday. My DS was born sleeping on June 4, and I was finally able to do this. We had a box with the exact saying that you have in your siggy, buried with a tree. That way every time I look at the tree I will think of him. It was a weeping cherry tree, it will be my "Judah tree." Hugs mama. We are here for ou, and are here to help you through this. I am sorry for your pain, and for your loss! Super big hugs!

Your ideas are all so beautiful. Jennijunni the poem is so beautiful - I first read it in the hospital the morning after we lost her and fell in love with it straight away. I dont really believe in any one religion and not in a God and a lot of the poems talk about going back to God etc but this one was just nice and simple and I love it so much.

I am going to make a poem book for her with some of the poems and quotes I have. They hurt right now to read but some of them are just so beautiful. I will put this with her other things in a memory box.

I think I also want a tatoo with her name and footprints on my wrist. I'm just scared incase they get it wrong / mess it up. I've never had a tatoo before.

The necklace I have seen is called 'Angel wings memorial necklace' - this is a picture of it -

https://www.alexandrasangelgifts.co.uk/images/products/preview/ppangelwingsneck.jpg

It has an angel wing, a little tag which I will have her name put on, a cut out of her hand and footprint and her birthstone on it. However it works out at over £150 for what I want on it and I have never spent this much on a piece of jewellry before. Because it feels like I am buying it for me it feels extravagent and its putting me off buying it - but my OH says its not only for me its in Emily's memory too so the extravagence doesn't matter.

I know it probably seems like a silly thing to be questioning - but I feel so guilty as it is this feels like I would just be adding to that guilt...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious little girl. I lost my twin girls at just over 23w, 5 weeks ago, it's such a painful time but I have found that 'speaking' to others on here has helped a lot.

As others have said, the poem you have in your sig is beautiful - we had this read at our daughters' funeral last month, it just said it all.

Were you given a memory box at the hospital? We were given one (actually, we had to go back and ask for it, as they forgot), it is supplied by a charity called Simba, and it's a lovely white box with butterflies. I have lots of little bits and pieces stored in mine to remind me of my girls.

As for memorials - when we scattered their ashes, we dedicated a rose in the garden of remembrance at the crematorium, it will have a little plaque with their names planted with it. We also bought a bench for our garden, placed it in a lovely sunny spot, and got a plaque made up, and planted a patio rose either side - it looks beautiful.

I also ordered up silver charms with their footprints, from a company called creative castings. Still waiting for them to arrive (I'm running to the door every day when the post arrives, can't wait to see them). The woman I corresponded with by email was fantastic and very helpful.

I don't think you should feel guilty about spending the money, what you have planned are gifts in memory of your precious girl that you will have forever, that's the way I think of it.

take care, i hope the days ahead are gentle on you xx

I have a similar pendant. Mine has a name tag, wing, birthstone. I think I paid $50. I got mine from an etsy seller. You should check there, you may find something there. www.etsy.com.

Hugs!!!

im so sorry for your loss hun!!

i got some gorgeous jewelry and cards etc from

alexandrasangelgifts.com and also labelledame.com

they were really beautiful things, i got candles with her name on it, a little card and a necklace with a forget-me-not flower and the birthstone of the month i had her and the month she would have been born.

i really hope you get some small bit of comfort from these things, i know it helps me knowing i wear a part of her everday! xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->