Men & Money

WTTMommy

Mama to Rach
Reaction score
Gosh this section of BnB makes it really easy to rant about general life, it's too bad I just noticed it :rofl:

Okay well basically I love the man, but my husband is terrible with money. I'm a full-time student and we're living off of his income with what seems to be TONS of expenses each month. He tends to steer off and spend money in areas that aren't a necessity. This month is tighter than usual with some unexpected expenses... we've been talking about this for weeks and how we want to start spending wisely. He just doesn't get it. :hissy: Like today he spent $90 on reading glasses that could've gone to our phone bill. And we've been married 18 months, and I swear I have NEVER seen him wear reading glasses nor have I seen him read (lol, well sometimes).

Last week he lent his cousin $150 to pay his phone bill, while ours was OVER DUE. Like what part of that does he not understand?! :dohh: And 2 weeks ago he lent his buddy $100. I love the man and I know he wants to help everyone out, but I think there comes a time when priorities have to be set. I put my family and home first, but I don't feel like he's doing the same.

I'm very frustrated, I don't know how to explain it to him. I don't think it's fair... I could've bought loads of stuff and shopped for myself but I was thinking about our bills and saving $$ towards the end of the month. :hissy:

Who handles finances in your home and how do you manage to prioritize?

Neither me nor OH are good with money, but he's worse than me. So he gives me most of his wages, leaving him with spending money and all the bills come off my account.

Oh is bloody fabulous with money although he wasnt always so. Think he learnt some hard lessons in his carefree days especially where credit cards are concerned.

We dont tend to have a problem, as we are both good (me more than him ) when it comes to money.
but i take charge of bills and all of that sort of stuff.

We have a bank account for bills, and a saving account so if we have money in the savings one we can treat ourselves.

I take charge of the money in our home...we keep ours seperate, but I take over his stuff as he is total crap with his money! At least he knows it...and lets me deal with it. I'm an accountant, and I LOVE \saving money!! lol

Mine isnt as bad, but he doesn't seem to understnad what I mean by "STOP GOING TO DINERS ALL THE TIME!" Its kinda not his fault though. He's an extreamly picky eater and all his family cooks is Polish food....which he hates. (They're from the USSR..well, Ukraine now-a-days and their cook over there was Polish so that's all they know how to cook now that they're over here without someone to do it for them).

We're both musicians. I do more solo stuff so I'm not too bad. I just bought a little bit of rosin for my violin bow and I need to replace the shoulder rest that got lost in my LAST move. OH is in a band (he's rhythm guitar). They practice in a studio once a week, so they split that between all of them and he just got his 1st guitar repaired/restringed...and bought a new guitar!! It's pretty and sounds fantastic...but right NOW? WE'RE MOVING! :hissy: I mean, we still have the money we need....but that extra money for the new guitar/case coulda been a table and chairs, KWIM? *sigh* looks like we'll be eating on the floor for a while.:dohh:

...oh yeah, I'm the appointed "accountant" of the family. I'm much better at math than he is. We keep separate accounts, but I'm still in charge of it all overall.

My OH is just starting to get it! Hecame from a family where he could have anything and everything when he wanted it... he used to make a lot of money when we were on two incomes and now we're on his modest single income... and he was trying to live like he always did....

Now that he's paying off his credit card inch by painful inch, he's gotten a bit of a reality check as to what money 'costs'.

Its like, he gets that $100 night with the boys is equal to both our mobile phone bills for a month, or groceries for week, or the internet and cable tv for month etc etc... he's STARTING to see it.

Although, we just got a $900 pay out from the government and he wants to put it straight on the credit card, and I'd agreed to give it to him for that, but while I was visiting my mum for a week he put over $1000 on the credit card with NOTHING to show for it! So, I really dont feel like giving him 900 to pay for him to get drunk every night and gamble while I was away.... I think he needs to feel that expense, because he cant just get away with it!:dohh:

men:hissy:

Gosh this section of BnB makes it really easy to rant about general life, it's too bad I just noticed it :rofl:

Okay well basically I love the man, but my husband is terrible with money. I'm a full-time student and we're living off of his income with what seems to be TONS of expenses each month. He tends to steer off and spend money in areas that aren't a necessity. This month is tighter than usual with some unexpected expenses... we've been talking about this for weeks and how we want to start spending wisely. He just doesn't get it. :hissy: Like today he spent $90 on reading glasses that could've gone to our phone bill. And we've been married 18 months, and I swear I have NEVER seen him wear reading glasses nor have I seen him read (lol, well sometimes).

Last week he lent his cousin $150 to pay his phone bill, while ours was OVER DUE. Like what part of that does he not understand?! :dohh: And 2 weeks ago he lent his buddy $100. I love the man and I know he wants to help everyone out, but I think there comes a time when priorities have to be set. I put my family and home first, but I don't feel like he's doing the same.

I'm very frustrated, I don't know how to explain it to him. I don't think it's fair... I could've bought loads of stuff and shopped for myself but I was thinking about our bills and saving $$ towards the end of the month. :hissy:

Who handles finances in your home and how do you manage to prioritize?

Omg i think we both married the same man!! :rofl: Your husband sounds exactly like mine!!! haha...I'm the one that takes care of the bills, he doesn't know when anything is due except rent or how much anything is..lol...It gets very frusterating!!! I tell him that we need to save, but ya just like you they just don't get it...My DH lent $100 for a friend when we were like short of money...I just don't get it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->