Men!?!

Lou

Reaction score
Why are men so indecisive?! As you can see by my ticker. My OH and I had planned to TTC in around a year... Giving me time to finish education and for us to do some things together...

Well, after a long chat last night, he announced he wasn't ready. I completely understand that he's not ready and I am prepared to wait for him to be ready... but its just so hard going from a definitive time to not knowing anything.

Oh well... im sure our time together will make us respect and love each other even more, but in the mean time im going to have to take down my ticker:cry:...

sorry for the little rant!

xxxxxx

My hubby was the same until eventually he agreed that he would probably never be 'truly ready' and we agreed a date together that we were both happy with. He's late 20's and we're married etc.

two months isnt that far off now!! I bet you're well and truely excited! I completely understand him not being ready, and there is a big age difference between us.. (7 years), hes in his late 20's and Im only in my early 20's. I think hes worried about taking away my youth. Maybe he's right. Well I suppose that I can only wait, and when the times right we'll both know it. Best of luck for you're TTC! I hope you only have a short stay in that section.

xxxx

Hey hun
Men!!! where to start ay, could rant about them all day at times lol.
Was gutted when i read this as i know how close you and Ed are, and know what fantastic parents you two will make. You never know hun, May might come and he might turn round and say he is ready or will be soon after.
I hope so hun. Me and OH are so similar, i have hit a broody period and just want to be a mummy but i know we have to wait, especially with work needed doing to house too! oh well xx

:hugs:

I have been incredibly lucky with my OH and the whole baby thing - he actually wanted to TTC before we did and thankfully, he has never waived from our decision. I can't imagine how difficult and frustrating it must be if you are in that situation.

xxx

Hi hun, I know exactly how you feel and how disappointed you must be. Hopefully the time will pass quickly and you can get ttc!

big big :hugs: i can't imagine how upsetting and difficult this is :hugs: hope he comes round soon xx

two months isnt that far off now!! I bet you're well and truely excited! I completely understand him not being ready, and there is a big age difference between us.. (7 years), hes in his late 20's and Im only in my early 20's. I think hes worried about taking away my youth. Maybe he's right. Well I suppose that I can only wait, and when the times right we'll both know it. Best of luck for you're TTC! I hope you only have a short stay in that section.

xxxx

Thanks! It was 2 years I was going to be waiting for a few months ago. But as I've talked about it more and we've visited more people with children, he's gone full circle and now he's the one who wants to ttc now! I want to wait a few months though to lose weight and pay off a couple of debts.

Best of luck!

Sorry if I've misread this, but if you were meant to be TTC in a YEAR, how can he say NOW that he's not going to be ready in a year? Again sorry if I've misunderstood.

:hugs: I know how frustrating it is not to have a set date, it's horrible to know it's going to happen at SOME point, but you can't prepare properly because there isn't a set date. It's also just reassuring when your OH can agree on a date. :)

Because we're waiting on immigration processes we have an indefinite date. Fortunately my OH is pretty prepared to TTC as soon as we can, which does help a bit, but it's so frustrating not to be able to say for sure when we'll start. :shrug:

:hugs: Just hope everything comes together for you in time.

xx

Having a baby is scaryyyy! Bless his cotton socks :lol:

Sit and talk together rather than both guards up for different reasons and ask him if hes ok ask him if theres anything hes worried about and you wondered why the change of heart. My moneys on scared ...natural. When you become pregnant it's a bit scary when you become parents its scary. Everything about planning, carrying & having a baby brings life changes.

:hugs: x

thank you for your kind words girls. I really appreciate them. I think you have a very good point wobbles. I shall sit down and ask him, but I'll give him a few weeks. I'm not sure if he was feeling left behind initially because all his mates were having kids, I think that the effect may have work off...

Im prepared to be strong and get on with it, and occupy my time with things like spending time with god children, neices and nephews family etc, not to mention a holiday!! I'm sure I'll eventually make it over to TTC at somepoint in the future... but im quite happy with the lovely WTT ladies. :)

thank you again girls. It means alot!

xxxxx

Sorry if I've misread this, but if you were meant to be TTC in a YEAR, how can he say NOW that he's not going to be ready in a year? Again sorry if I've misunderstood.

:hugs: I know how frustrating it is not to have a set date, it's horrible to know it's going to happen at SOME point, but you can't prepare properly because there isn't a set date. It's also just reassuring when your OH can agree on a date. :)

Because we're waiting on immigration processes we have an indefinite date. Fortunately my OH is pretty prepared to TTC as soon as we can, which does help a bit, but it's so frustrating not to be able to say for sure when we'll start. :shrug:

xx

you have a valid point... however, the way he was talking, I got the impression that he really isnt interested in having children at least for another 5 years, possibly longer. Im glad to hear that you and your hubby are nearly ready, i bet its stressful with the immigration... just think, as soon as its over you can start your little family. :) xxx

xx

you have a valid point... however, the way he was talking, I got the impression that he really isnt interested in having children at least for another 5 years, possibly longer. Im glad to hear that you and your hubby are nearly ready, i bet its stressful with the immigration... just think, as soon as its over you can start your little family. :) xxx

Wow. Maybe he's got cold feet and just doesn't want to keep your hopes up? Well, fingers crossed a good chat will help you know for sure where you both stand. :hugs:

Yeah, if everything goes to plan!! :)

xxx

awww :hug: it must be frustrating but it is a huge and scary decision and I don't think I for one will ever truly feel ready so I can definitely understand where he is coming from. I do think a good sit down with him talking it through and trying to work it out is the best idea xx

Hi babe, I agree with the other girls... it must be so incredibly frustrating & upsetting. I think as women we have a different way of looking at the whole children thing... although it may still seem scary, we seem to take it more in our stride than men do! Has he given you any reasons for it?x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->