men .....

anita123

Married, mummy to 4
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone else feels really peeved off with their OH because they are making the rules for when to start ttc??

i just feel so ready at the minute to start a family with OH but he doesnt want to start yet!! its ok for men they arent on a time limit! even though i am only 25 at the minute!
i took a HPT yesterday as i had suspisions and had a few symptoms and when i told OH it was negative he was a little disappointed! urgh...sorry about the rant but i hate it when men give u mixed signals!
anyone else feel like this?

Hi hun, didn't want to read and run, its the opposite for me and OH, he has resorted to poking holes in condoms because I am still very nervous :rofl: But really I wouldn't be too bothered if we had a nice surprise!

Men are so confusing though, one minute OH was like no I never want children, then he admits to doing a Ronnie off easties!! :rofl: I was like :huh: Maybe you just need to sit down and chat, maybe go for NTNP? Men always seem more comfortable with that idea !

we are ntnp at the minute and he's quite careful lol!!! he has said if it happens he'll be happy but in an "ideal" situation he wants to wait! i just want to start TTC now but am waiting for the go ahead from him lol!

i can imagine that was a bit of a shock for u finding out he was doing a ronnie from e'enders lol!! i dont think men really know what they want!

Awww see ntnp and then when hes not looking find out what your OV days are and just coax him into bed :haha: but do it randomly too so he doesn't twig on. Sounds awful but if it was me I would lie through my teeth :rofl:

:rofl: i would but my periods are a bit irregular at the minute!! my body is playing evil tricks on me so i'm not sure when my OV dates are :( plus my OH always knows when i'm lying!! i go red and start laughing :S

Awww :hugs: your not the only one, I haven't had a period in 8 months!! :wacko: I think I am going insane hahah! I go red and laugh too but luckily he never seems to twig.. or he does and just goes along with it to make me feel better :haha:

Ugh you know mine was the same (now have LO at 9 weeks)...Had to come off the pill for health reasons and told him we had to be careful but he wasnt iykwim....BUT everytime i said to him "ill end up pregnant,hope you know that" he was all like,nah dont want a baby, the best one...."im firing blanks anyway"...needless to say he wasnt and totally loves LO to bits but oh how he stressed me out with mixed signals,its like they wont admit it even to themselves they want one,my OH only just admitted he was broody a good few months after i fell pregnant.....he tells me he doesnt want anymore but keeps talking like how he'd like another boy,about keeping the baby stuff just incase.....good job im onto him lol,guess ill be falling pregnant again when he decides he doesnt want another one!!!!

my period stopped for 6 months last yr and its a horrible time waiting for it to appear again - i never thought i would want it to appear so badly!! it started again in january but has been going weird again!

and men think they have a hard life!!!

My husband keeps joking he is going to put holes in the condoms, but I am still really nervous about the whole thing, some days I am so excited, some days I am really worried, it was me who told him when we could give it ago, if it was up to him I would be pregnant already ;)

My hubby too is the opposite! He is literally begging me to start ttc now but i am making him wait till sept - i have to admit that its only because i want another summer baby! My friend is going through a similar thing right now, her oh changes his mind about ttc literally every day and her head is everywhere. I think it is just that he gets excited about it all then suddenly realises it will affect his life but instead of talking it through and thinking of the positives he just says 'No, not yet, i'm not ready!'. Men eh?! Good luck to you xx

My oh is not keen at the moment :( he says he's too old! (he's just turned 37) I told him he wasn't getting any younger but that didn't help oops!!

lol eeyore i'm always telling my OH he's getting old! hes only 29 tho! but he keeps saying those dreaded words - one step at a time!!! grrr...we've been together almost 3yrs....doesnt help that im feelin broody at the minute and wanting things to happen a bit quicker lol!!

i am feeling the same i just wanna ttc but my oh isnt ready but he knows i want kids and its something i have to do.
iam so looking forward to ttc but just gotta wait and see.

i feel you..im soo ready to ttc!!
but my husband isnt yet..he says having a child would be great, but he just wants to get used to the idea (thats what he litterly said), he said in between now and 2 years..hey at least i know he WANTS a child in between now and 2 years.. :)

Mine did that at first, but then decided that I get to decide when we start TTC.

My hubby and I have been NTNP since October of 2009 and officially trying since January of this year. I am currently in my tww and I told my hubby that if we conceived this cycle, the due date would be December 11th. He was like "This year?!?!?! That is so soon!!!" Y9ou would think that we had an "oops" or something the way that he reacted to that. I guess giving him a date makes it that much more real for him.

Yeah I read about this alot.. I think men just dont like dates? Mine doesnt want to give me a date, I think it scares him and he doesnt understand why I'd like a date..
Now he told me in between now and 2 years...
He does want a child, but it just scares him to set a date..

i definately agree with you lilly12 my OH wont set a date either! he just says if it happens it happens! good luck to all u girlies and hope our OH's come round to the idea soon lol!

we are the opposite, dh would be ttc now if i would let him!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->