Menstrual Issues

cherebitte

Reaction score
I've always been very sensitive to hormones....

Feeling ovulation pain/twinges. Major side effects with the combined pill. When my period comes it's all cold sweats, pain that spreads down my thighs and back, feeling horribly nauseous- sometimes I would actually vomit, feeling faint etc... Basically all the nasty stuff! It is almost entirely controlled by taking NSAID sort of drugs (nurofen/mefenamic acid). If I keep up with my tablets then I won't feel too bad, if I don't I'd be incapacitated.

The doctors have told me it's something that will get better once I have a baby. However because I have nothing but sickness experiences with menstruation/hormones I am really scared that when it comes to pregnancy I will have a horrible time! Are there any women out there who used to experience nasty menstruation symptoms but had a good pregnancy? I will be TTC in the next year or so and I'm frightened I'll spend the entire time feeling ill.

Afraid I can't totally answer your question but didn't want to read and run...

I also have really bad dysmenorrhoea and although I have never had a child so can't speak from personal experience, I do know several people with similar problems who have had children and not one of them had any problems during their pregnancy.

I suspect the two are unrelated. Bad periods doesn't mean your pregnancy symptoms will be any more severe than average, and women who have never had any serious problems with their AF may still get very sick during pregnancy.

I wouldn't let it worry you too much, I think it's just kind of down to luck...

Sorry I couldn't be more definitive...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->