Mentioning Children in your CV - Help!

XcupcakeX

Reaction score
Hi Ladies :flower:

Just wondering what everyone elses thoughts are on this? Im currently a SAHM but im looking to go back to work now and when Iv been writing my CV im in a huge rut about what to say Iv been doing for these last two years :dohh:

Obviously Im proud of my LO and Im not ashamed to tell everyone about her but cant help but worry that any employer will see my date of birth and that I have a baby and judge me before even meeting me :growlmad:

Do you think having children puts employers off because they think you might be unreliable/want time off for appointments etc?

How did you phrase the fact you have children on your CV without putting employers off??

I've never really thought about it tbh. I've mentioned I have a child in my CV to explain the gap in employment.
However if you're worried about them judging you because of your age, take your DOB out of your CV. They're not allowed to ask for it and you don't have to put it on there :flower:

I agree hun - if they ask just say you took time out of your career to raise your family and also i never put my DOB on my CV as an employer "they cant ask you your age or if you got kids/planning to have kids" x

Legally, (I work in HR) you don't have to put your DOB or the fact you have a LO on your CV, but if you want to do so to explain the gap in employment that's understandable. With everyone we employ we don't usually know they have children until their inductions. Your not obliged to tell anyone unless asked in interview why the gap in employment.

Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->