Menu at 6 months

Kit

Reaction score
We started weaning at 5 months and 1 week on HV advice - we were (and still are) on about 40 - 45 oz of formula a day. We are now more than 3 weeks into the process - he is 6 months next week and he is still taking as much formula as ever. Just wondering what people think about his daily menu - should he be having a bit more? I am going to add a third meal in next week.
Breakfast - he was having 3 spoons of porridge powder (mixed with 9 of water) - we have just gone up to 5 with 15. He then has anything between 6 and 9 oz of formula.
Mid-morning - 8 or 9 oz
Lunch - one of the square Annabel Karmel tubs of puree mixed with a bit of formula (maybe 8 spoonfuls?) - squash/sweet potato or broccoli/cauliflower or carrot/swede. Then anything between 6 and 9 oz, usually 9!
Tea - 8 or 9 oz
Bed-time - 6 - 9 oz

Presumably we need to start reducing his formula intake a little bit - any ideas?

Btw - he refuses to take water - we try between every meal but I don't think I have got more than 1/2 an 0z into him on any day.

Forgot to say - he is only on 25th centile for weight (although 90th for height) so he is not piling on the weight on all this formula!

What does your HV say? Ruby is 8 months so a bit older but mine told me Ruby's 28oz was too much with 3 solid meals a day. So maybe see what happens when you go to 3 meals.

I haven't had a chance to speak to any of the HVs since we started weaning - we went to a weaning session but it was unfortunately dominated by another mother who just wanted to ram breastfeeding down everyone's throats and go on about how formula fed babies don't know when to stop eating - this meant there was very little chance for everyone's questions to be answered as unfortunately she kept interrupting to get on her soap box!
I am also confused about conflicting information - can he start having meat, dairy etc at 6 months. Some info I have seen says 7 or 8 months.

Oh no that sounds like a nightmare, I hate it when people dominate things like that.
Hope you manage to speak to your HV soon....or that someone else can help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->