Merina Coil

wanaBmummy

Have an amazing husband!
Reaction score
Hi all

I will be TTC in August and am planning on taking out my coil later this month and NTNP through July.

I was just wondering if any of you have had the coil removed and if so did you bleed after having it removed and if you did how long for?

Would really appreciate the info as i have 2 hen weekends coming up (one of which is my own) and if i'm likely to bleed for a few weeks and don't want to be taking it out around then.

Once again thanks for any help you can give me :D

xxx

i had the merina. i only had it for 4 months and hated it.

tried to make appointment to have it taken out and couldnt get into the dr office for 3 months!!!!!!!

so after talks with my grandmother who is an RN and lots of research and deep conversation with David, we took it out on our own.

I was worried that I had damaged my cervix. Checkup with Doctor was fine. NO DAMAGE DONE!

It was painless, and I bled for a week and a half and then haven't bled since may 4th. the last day of bleeding.

still waiting on AF to show but all BFN!

Hi I had mine taken out in April after 3 and a half years. I bled fairly heavily for a week and then nothing for a week, but the on around 22nd april I started bleeding really heavy with big clots (sorry tmi) and it lasted all weekend, I ended up in a&e and then on iron to prevent anaemia. I was assured by the reg I saw that this was normal (!!!!) and that it could happen for up to 3 months after removal.

I'm sorry I just realised that sound a bit scary but figured you'd want to get a couple of experiences of what can happen before you get it out.

Just to add that since that happened I seem to be back on regular cycles with normal periods xx

Hi, I had my coil taken out after 4 years and didn't bleed until a few days later which was like a normal period and have had pretty much normal 26-30 day cycles since. I was told by doctor that you are fertile straight away and that you can ttc straight away also. Hope this helps xx

Hiya, I had my coil removed last August having had no periods while I had it, bleed for a few days after the removal and felt really hormonal almost, really felt pregnant for a while which was weird, since then have gone back to 28 day cycles,Good luck for the wedding and baby dust to you x

Thankyou everyone you've been a great help and no baby_maybe it was fine lol and like you said it gave me a different experience to think about.

I'm just not sure what to do. I wanted to take it out before July so that i had aleast 1 'normal' month where i should have a normal cycle before TTC in August but i've got 2 weeks now until a weekend away in swansea for a hen party on the 18th and then 2 weeks before my hen weekend in newquay on 9th July.

I don't wan't to do it after the 9th, so do i go next week or leave it until after the 18th?? Bloody complicated stuff is making a baby lol xxx

I had mine taken out in December 2009 after 2 years. I bled for just over a week. After that I only had 4 periods in 12 months. I have since discovered I have PCOS though since December 2010 I have had the same amount of periods that I had for the whole 12 months previous. I took soy isoflavones and vitex which have obviously helped shorten my cycles from average of 54 day down to my shortest last cycle which was 32days. (I did have 1 cycle last year that last 134 days which I am putting down to the stresses of wedding planning and my OH being made redundant 5 weeks before our wedding).

I hope your cycles return to normal pretty quickly and you dont have to go though months of torture that I have had. :dust:

I had mine taken out in December 2009 after 2 years. I bled for just over a week. After that I only had 4 periods in 12 months. I have since discovered I have PCOS though since December 2010 I have had the same amount of periods that I had for the whole 12 months previous. I took soy isoflavones and vitex which have obviously helped shorten my cycles from average of 54 day down to my shortest last cycle which was 32days. (I did have 1 cycle last year that last 134 days which I am putting down to the stresses of wedding planning and my OH being made redundant 5 weeks before our wedding).

I hope your cycles return to normal pretty quickly and you dont have to go though months of torture that I have had. :dust:

Thankyoou and i'm sorry you had such a rollercoaster time of it. At least it is improving now then xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->