Mesh bags........

sahara

Me, my OH and DD Nicola
Reaction score
Do you find its better to take the nappies out of these when washing?

Also what do you cleam your pail out with.

thx
Sarah

The idea of the mesh bag is to open it but leave them in - so you dont have to touch the nappies - but they just fall out as soon as the machine starts

I just clean the bucket with Flash Bleach

I just shove the whole mesh bag into the machine and as Lisa said, they all come out as your wash cycle happens. There wouldnt be any point in using a mesh bag if I was going to take them out of it to put in the machine :)

I wash it with hot soapy water every time I empty it and bleach it once a week :thumbup:

I dont bother with the mesh bag as i like to seperate all the parts of the nappies to make sure theyre washed through properly.

I clean my bucket with Zoflora disinfectant.

Only the nappies didn't appear to all come out of the mesh bag last time :shrug:

I shall try again

thanks for the advice re cleaning :thumbup:

I got a mesh bag but I never use it (it's now my regular laundry bag), as I prefer to go through the nappies individually before washing to double check that velcro tabs are done up and there aren't any stains that need the Vanish treatment first.

I usually pour a kettle of boiling water into the bucket to clean it, sometimes I add a squirt of bleach or some Dettol spray, or a few drops of lavender oil.

can you use any type of vanish or does it have to be a vanish bar - only ask cos everyone refers to vanish bars and not spray

thx

i foudn they would stick inside the mesh bag and not wash properly, so I carry them to the washer in the bag then kind of tip them into the machine and throw the bag in after. I take out the inserts etc when I take his nappies off so I know they're already separated.
I then give the bucket a squirt of cleaner and wipe it around. occasionally i'll wash it out with hot water and bleach. then i replace the sticky pad with tea tree & lavender oil. and all ready to go again!
Ive only used a vanish bar occasionally so dont know about hte spray - sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->