messed up evening routine. any help?

T

tinytoes

6 - bath
6.30 - feed straight after bath as he's always grumpy and cries. seems the only way to avoid this is milk..
6.40 he falls asleep as if he's so zonked he cant keep his eyes open. like he's super duper sleepy.
7.00 or 7.15 wide awake again. wants to play or (i know its naughty) stare at tv as he loves the lights.
8.30 / 9.00 / 9.30.. finally decideds its time to get grumpy and need to go to propper sleep.

If I dont bath him early he gets grumpy. Bath time is a great way to avoid his 6pm screaming 7 grumps. But i hate the bitty sleep pattern in the eve. any tips?

I make sure that after Jack's 2.30pm feed that he stays awake and has a 1-2 hour sleep before his 5.30pm feed, preferably 3.30-5.30. This allows him to be awake longer before his bath at 8 and feed after and then to bed for 8.30ish. I make sure he has a nap and then quite a longish period before he goes to bed so he is totally gone when he is in his cot :D Hope it helps x

firstly sweetie :hugs: its so hard to stick to a routine :hugs: during the play bit in the middle of the sleep is it worth keeping the lights low, voices wispered to a min, and try to teach ted that its night time, maybe read a story, or play soft music to help get him back to sleep. we try this with maddi if she's gone down for the night and she sleeps through. its so hard, especially when they get upset, i always get upset too :hugs: x x x

Sam did this for a while too - he'd always been so good at going to bed at the same time every night but then he had a few weeks (for no reason I can think of) that he started having his last feed (or when it used to be), sleeping for about half an hour then being wide awake again for a good couple of hours. He suddenly sorted himself out again though without us changing anything and has been sleeping from about 8.30 - 8.30 ever since.

Do you feed him again after he wakes up and wants to play or does he just tire himself out? Could you maybe give him a smaller feed before his bath, play with him for a bit and then feed him just before he goes to bed? He might tire himself out more from playing and not be quite so grumpy after his bath if he's not so hungry? x

Tabs started doing this about 2 weeks ago. from going down at 7pm until i top her up at 10-11 ish to waking every half an hour or squirming. The only thing i do now is keep feeding her when she wakes or use bonjela as im sure its to do with her teething.
Hope he gets back into a routine soon.
Ps i do Tabs bath at 6 too as any time after that and she gets grumpy too. If she hasnt got bottle by 6.55 on the dot then she will scream the house down no matter how long ago her last feed was!

thanks - i'm going to try sams mums advice and feed him before the bath tonight and see how he gets on and try and avoid a post bath feed.......i bet ted will be like tabs though sonny!!!... it drives me nuts.
thanx ladies.

Hope everything goes ok tonight :hugs: You might find he does sort things out himself in a couple of weeks if you don't have any luck with changing things around though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->