metformin and clomid with NO pcos..

STL_Fan

Mother or Many :)
Reaction score
Hello,

(I/this may be in wrong spot or a thread already with this in it, feel free to move me :winkwink: )

So today I got to see the Doc for the fist time since 09/2012 when I had to have an d&C due to a blighted ovum (also known as “anembryonic pregnancy”). Anywho I/we have been ttc ever since and with no luck. (I have 2 boys with no prob) today doc puts me on metformin (500mg 3Xday) and clomid (50mg from 5-9th day of cycle) (I do not have pcos) and i am a little confused by it all. Has anyone experienced this? Kinda feeling alone here and could use some words of wisdom :hugs: he also said something about a higher rate for twins..idk he threw so much at me at once. :shrug:

Im on clomid but not metformin. I was lttc and then got my bfp on my first go with clomid...its good stuff! I was pregnant with a singleton. I lost the baby and am now on my first clomid cycle since. Im hopeful that clomid will work again.
Sorry for your loss xxx

I also hope the clomid works... for the both of us and then some :) (also sorry for your loss) thanx for the reply!! :hugs:

I hope it works too!!

I know it is gold dust as i was ttc for 22 cycles before i got my bfp! And i lost my baby to a rare chromosome disorder, nothing to do with clomid.
Keep hopeful, they are like magic beans xxx

I am in this same boat. On met & Clomid no pcos no diabetes etc. I have 4 children. I am TTC 1st for my hubby. The doc says met works with the Clomid to produce better quality eggs. Basically we have been not protecting for 6 yrs no luck, TTC 3 yrs + now getting worried & tested etc for the past yr & half. Cant find anything wrong with me, husband has slight low motility but its real slight. He's back in normal range, so just to try something inexpensive, doc put me on met n Clomid. I'll be so curious to kno if it works!

Tryin4- is this your 1st round of clomid?

I sure hope it works.. this with be the 1st lil one for my hubby although i have had 2 previously.. i to have no pcos no diabetes etc.. this is our 1st step since the d&c in Sep last year. (have been trying since with no luck) doc said we will try this for about 3 mo and if it dont work try a in house procedure. (forgot what it was called) just hope it dont take 3 mo. hope it works with this 1st round of clomid works. oh i hope, i hope, i hope, for me and many more..

Sorry for the late reply am sick with flu :( my obgyn gave me 2 rounds of Clomid (no met) in 2010 with no success. My husband was still overseas & I was there with him for 3 months so during that time I used the Clomid, but nothing at all happenned. This past may was the first time I tried it again.

Well.......the combo works! I just got my bfp!

bfp.jpgPretty surprising after all this time....

Stl fan - where abouts in your cycle are u now?
X

Lost is where i am :dohh: I don't know all of the Abbreviations/acronyms for all of this hot mess..lol..

brake down long form..lol.. Started (mother nature) on the 1st, didnt stop until the 7th, (took clomid form the 6-10th and still doing metforman) OPK said i was @ peek on the 10th , (but then read the meds can throw that off but doc said to do it thus for i did) but on the 12th i had the mucus mess going on so idk whats going on.. :shrug: I'm lost. have had :sex: every day since the 8th except last night ... :hugs: how are you? (sorry for late reply just seen it :laugh2: )

I started my period on 1st too. I took clomid 2nd-6th. I got positive opk on 15th and ovulated on 16th. I have been having sex a lot too..
As long as u are having sex i guess it doesnt matter if u are lost lol
When do u expect your next period? X

I started my period on 1st too. I took clomid 2nd-6th. I got positive opk on 15th and ovulated on 16th. I have been having sex a lot too..
As long as u are having sex i guess it doesnt matter if u are lost lol
When do u expect your next period? X

lol guess you are right on that one.. Its usually around the 1st take or give a day.. (depending on how many days are in the mo)

Hi,
How u doin? Are u still lost? Think im 6dpo now.
I want the time to hurry up xxx

I'm rooting for both of u guys...I need company :)

Hi,
How u doin? Are u still lost? Think im 6dpo now.
I want the time to hurry up xxx

I'm good thanks.. how are you?

bahahahaha I think i stay lost :dohh: lol.. if i had to guess id say (cuz i have two diff possibility ) 9/12 dpo.. idk 100% trying to hold off on taking a test.. just wish the time would go a lil faster. not that i am trying to wish my life a way..lol.. this anticipation is craaaazy... keep me updated.. :hugs:

Thanks Tryin4!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->