Metformin for low milk supply?

kajastarlight

Number 3 on the way!
Reaction score
My lactation consultant suggested I use Metformin because I truely have a low milk supply, most likely due to PCOS. I looked up "how long Metformin took to help milk supply" and found tons and tons and tons of research type papers saying it have been proven to help woman with low milk supply and PCOS and tons and tons of blogs and forum posts of woman saying it did not help them at all! Any one?? Has it helped anyone at all???? Please :cry: Please tell me it has helped SOMEONE. I can't take Reglan. Domp.... (forgot exactly what it is called) is not approved in the US and my OBGYN won't prescribe it to me and even if he did I would have to drive 3 hours to a compounding pharmacy and pay way more $$ than I can for it. So I can't take that. Fenugreek and Lactation teas didn't work for me. This Metformin is my last ditch hope before just resigning to the fact that I will never be able to even half keep up with my son's appetite :cry: --- I have also started More Milk Plus pills (instead of tea) to see if the Metformin at least fixes whatever in me is broken to make it so those can work??? :cry:

I need some hope....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->