Metformin success stories

PinkCupcakes

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'd like to start a thread for ladies who are using or starting Metformin and see how many success stories we can get!

I would also love to hear about ladies who have had previous success stories with metformin, tell us every detail leading up to your BFP!

I'll put all of the lovely ladies in this post who join and whenever someone gets a BFP I will put that next to their name!

Let's see what's going on out there!

I'll share my story first:

First I want to say I have PCOS very badly, both ovaries are covered head to tow in cysts per the ultra sound I had about two weeks ago.

I have also had cervical cancer stage 1b1 and have had two surgeries to remove it. I am now considered in remission and luckily I didn't have to have chemo or radiation. I have to go in for screenings every three months to make sure it stays away, and if it ever comes back I will have to have chemo and radiation...so I'm hoping it stays away!

Anyway so I don't use OPK's because they are ALWAYS positive due to my PCOS so I just go based on my body symptoms and typically I always get sore boobs the day after I have ovulated and I also get super watery/egg white CM the day of ovulation.

Also I had tests done for my PCOS and it showed high levels of testosterone which my doctor put me on Metformin to help lower it, she also said it may make me more fertile.

So this past weekend I'm 100% sure I ovulated on Sunday, the next day my boobs were sore and I was nauseous Sunday (another symptom I get of O.) Well me and my OH did the deed this weekend many times and since I'm on Metformin, maybe I have a chance?

So I'm 5DPO today and my symptoms are the following:

-very neausous
-fatigue
-dizzy
-sore boobs
-smell aversions
-bleeding gums when brushing
-mild fever (99.2-99.5)
-weird face pressure (no sinus infection or cold...)
-extreme hot and cold flashes
-headaches
-heartburn

6DPO:
-Fatigue
-Gas
-full/crampy feeling in lower abdomen
-smell aversions
-sore breasts
-mild fever still (99.2-99.5)
-hot and cold flashes

7DPO:
-fatigue
-dizzy
-gas
-mild cramps
-diarrhea
-Hot and cold flashes
-Mild fever 99.1
-sore boobs

I have pcos. I have twins that i took metformin 1000mg and clomid 50mg. Now im ttc again but with only metformin 1500mg (trying to avoid clomid because of increased risk of multiples). I have had two miscarriages and 3 chemicals. Two since have my twins. Those were back to back in november and december. Im currently 4dpo.

Curley - awww I'm glad you were able to have your twins! How many cycles did it take to get pregnant with the twins with the meds? Also I'd love to put you in the first post as my First Lady joining!

Also I'm so sorry to hear about the MCs and chemical!

OH MY GOD
https://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s607/lizewing88/IMG_0129_zpsly0irzd0.jpg

I'm freaking out, this can't be real? Oh my god..... I started Metformin only two weeks before I Oed, what are the changes I catch the egg the very first time with Metformin? Holy cow....

I think I'm going to say it's negative until it gets darker... Then once it's dark then I'll tell OH...

Oh also, last night I had a dream within a dream, so realistic. In the dream within the dream I was pregnant, then in the dream I woke up and took a test and it was positive, then I woke up in real life and took this test....

We had been trying for 9 months, I had failed to respond to clomid and withonly one cycle on Met, I o'd. It is a miracle pill!!!!
Just so you all know, with the metformin, I also did several other things this month. I exercised 3X45 mins a week (cardio - no weights) and did not exercise the week of impantation (did not want to risk it). I also cut back on my carbs (especially sugar) and drank one cup of green tea a day. I ate a lot of chicken, green leafy vegetables and milk products (nothing low fat). I avoided pasta, bread, rice and potatoes and anything sweet. It was hard at first, but I also managed to lose 7 lbs and have kept it off so far.
I haven't got insurance.
So happy :p:mrgreen: I have found this website \\:D/ and got Metformin with promocode "GET10"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->