April Showers ♡☆2024 testing thread☆♡

Pink.Rose

Reaction score
Didn't see an April thread yet, so figured I'd make us one! Let us know when you will be testing, and I will add you to the list! Let's make some holiday babies!

:dust:

April 21st
Pink.Rose

April 23rd
thencomesbebe

April 24th
NightFlower :witch:

April 28th
elmum

Last edited:
Hi all, jumping back into it after a much needed break from here (but no breaks from TTC!) While its nice to have others who understand what you are going through, it can get to be too much sometimes when you've been at it so long... Anyway, I had lost count after a while, but going back through my charts I discovered that I am on cycle 29 now. Today is CD 4, so I think I will start testing on April 21st.

I did post an update on the TTC thread last month if anyone is interested, but to sum it up, we recently got an updated sperm analysis for my husband finally, and I am now going through all the initial fertility screenings myself. Not because we suspect an issue on my end, but more so for peace of mind.

I had a pelvic ultrasound a little over a week ago, everything looked ok, no concerns on that end, however they did find a cyst on my left ovary. It's believed that this is a functional cyst, most likely from a follicle that either failed to release an egg or failed to drain its fluid after ovulation. It's a common thing and should resolve on its own in 2 to 3 cycles. It also shouldn't interfere with my fertility, so that is good news. I will need to repeat the ultrasound in 2-3 months to ensure it has resolved though.

The next thing I had to do was get my blood drawn, which I did CD 2 (had to wait for the next cycle as this needs to be done day 2 or 3) They tested my prolactin levels, FSH levels and even my thyroid levels. I got results back the same day and everything appears normal there.

I am scheduled for an HSG next week, which is a test where they insert a special dye into your uterus/tubes while doing some imaging to make sure there are no blockages. I've been told that after having this procedure done, this alone can mildly increase your chances of conception for the next 3 to 4 cycles since it flushes out any gunk that may be clogging you up, so I am crossing my fingers that this will be the boost we need!

The last thing I need to do this cycle is another blood draw on CD 21 to confirm ovulation. Then I will meet with the OB again to discuss the next steps. She had mentioned ovulation stimulation meds, which even though I appear to be ovulating on my own, may help boost our chances. I sure hope so!

Well, that's it from me for the time being. Wishing everyone a great cycle and hoping to see some December/January babies on their way soon!

Last edited:
You guys, I'm 36 days into this cycle. This is so awful. I haven't had a cycle this long in years!! When we were first ttc 6 years ago I had a couple 38 day cycles, but my non-medicated cycles had gone back to a consistent 33 days. I'm so bummed. I'm turning 38 in June and praying my fertility hasn't taken a giant nose dive.

You guys, I'm 36 days into this cycle. This is so awful. I haven't had a cycle this long in years!! When we were first ttc 6 years ago I had a couple 38 day cycles, but my non-medicated cycles had gone back to a consistent 33 days. I'm so bummed. I'm turning 38 in June and praying my fertility hasn't taken a giant nose dive.
Oh @thencomesbebe I’m sorry for the long cycle. I’ve had some weird ones in the TTC process but they have tended to be one-offs. I am hoping the same for you.

That sounds so stressful! Hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer!

Hey ladies. we didn't get to dtd anywhere near ovulation this cycle.. sad face.. so I'm just waiting for af to show. Still have about 6 days unless my cycles are still messed up from having covid last month. Anyways next cycle hope we have better luck. If we time it good I'll be testing April 27th.

Congratulations on the bfps already ❤ good luck ladies waiting to test.

I'm wishing all of you the best this psycho ladies and I have everything crossed for all of you! Congratulations to those who already got their bfp :dust:.

Looks like another cp for me. I will likely be testing again on April 28. @Pink.Rose can you please add me to test on this date hun ?
Thank you.

Praying for positive tests and sticky, healthy beans for all TTC this Month

Oh no @elmum I was just hopping on to check on you :( I am so sorry. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

Looks like another cp for me. I will likely be testing again on April 28. @Pink.Rose can you please add me to test on this date hun ?
Thank you.

I’m so so sorry! Those tests were looking so good. Praying you get your sticky bean really soon.

Thank you.

I am so sorry:hugs:

Big hugs elmum ❤️ I'm so sorry.
Thank you.

I am finally CD1, putting an end to the 37-day cycle! Thank goodness for that. I should be able to test April 23rd, but we'll see when I ovulate. This past cycle I ovulated the day after taking a progesterone suppository (I thought I had already ovulated and was going to start the progesterone to support any potential pregnancy, just like I do with the IUI cycles. The following day my LH was off the charts and today being CD 1 confirms that ovulation happened after that surge). After this happened, I read some journal studies that progesterone can trigger LH by way of the pituitary gland, and in a similar way LH triggers the production of progesterone AFTER ovulation. Fertility is so dang complicated, but hey, I'll try anything at this point!

I think I am going to take Letrozol this cycle since I have a ton of it, and then depending on how my LH looks, I may take a progesterone suppository on CD 13 and see if that triggers ovulation. I just need to pray to the baby dance gods that our toddler gives us some alone time!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->