Mexico recommendations?

Loobs

Baking #2!
Reaction score
Hi everyone

We are thinking about going there for our honeymoon next May. We both love food and would like somewhere all inclusive luxury!

So was wondering if anyone has any hotel recommendations, things to do while we are there and just general tips?

Thanks

x

Moon Palace - amazing!! We got married there. All inclusive & total luxury.

Thanks ladies! Much appreciated, will be sure to check them out x

We went for our honeymoon stayed at the royal in playa del Carmen (but quieter than cancun) it was absolutely amazing. Seriously.
I don't think you can go too far wrong in Mexico if you go 4/5 star the standard is so high

we stayed in a fantastic hotel called Azul Beach it was total luxury we stayed in one of new junior suites.

We went for our honeymoon and first wedding anniversary, first time was at Excellence Playa Mujeres and second time was at Secrets Maroma Beach. Both were amazing, but the beach at SMB was absolutely beautiful! Both 24 hour all inclusive, all top branded drinks, swim up suites so you can step out of your room into a pool.

Like Lau86 said though, go 4/5 star and anywhere should be lovely. My parents-in-law went to Moon Palace and loved it, but it wasn't for us as its so massive (like 1000 rooms or something) the 2 we went to only had 400-500 rooms so felt more intimate but still had lots of pool area, 8/9 restaurants etc.

Both times we did nothing but relax, but there are lots of fab trips you can go on.

We went for our honeymoon stayed at the royal in playa del Carmen (but quieter than cancun) it was absolutely amazing. Seriously.
I don't think you can go too far wrong in Mexico if you go 4/5 star the standard is so high

Thanks for this - I am never sure of the "scale" of stars if you know what I mean...sometimes they say 5 star and it's actually more like a 3. I'm reassured now!

we stayed in a fantastic hotel called Azul Beach it was total luxury we stayed in one of new junior suites.

Will have a look at this one, thanks!

We went for our honeymoon and first wedding anniversary, first time was at Excellence Playa Mujeres and second time was at Secrets Maroma Beach. Both were amazing, but the beach at SMB was absolutely beautiful! Both 24 hour all inclusive, all top branded drinks, swim up suites so you can step out of your room into a pool.

Like Lau86 said though, go 4/5 star and anywhere should be lovely. My parents-in-law went to Moon Palace and loved it, but it wasn't for us as its so massive (like 1000 rooms or something) the 2 we went to only had 400-500 rooms so felt more intimate but still had lots of pool area, 8/9 restaurants etc.

Both times we did nothing but relax, but there are lots of fab trips you can go on.

We have already had a look at Secrets Maroma Beach and have added it to our maybe list. At the start of wedding planning we were actually planning on going abroad to get married and this is one of the places we looked into, however as a family with children it is adults only! However, now we are getting married closer to home I've been looking at honeymooning there. Glad to hear a great review!

We have already had a look at Secrets Maroma Beach and have added it to our maybe list. At the start of wedding planning we were actually planning on going abroad to get married and this is one of the places we looked into, however as a family with children it is adults only! However, now we are getting married closer to home I've been looking at honeymooning there. Glad to hear a great review!

It really is fantastic! We're thinking of going to Mexico next May, but gutted we won't be able to go there again with us having little one now! Trying to find somewhere family friendly that matches up is difficult, I'm so fussy sometimes! But when you've been spoilt it's hard to pick future holidays.

I've heard great things about Le Blanc in Cancun as well, and there is a new Secrets in Cancun called The Vine. I always like to look at Trip Advisor to get a good idea of which hotels to look at.

We went to the Moon Palace in Cancun for our honeymoon, it was 2 weeks of 5* bliss!!!!

I stayed at the Royal Cancun. 5 star, adults only and pure utter bliss. Jacuzzi in every room and hammocks on the balcony. Every room is sea view. Every room also has its own bar with 4 optics with alcohol of your choice.

Wish I could go back xx

Oh, and as for things to do, we did the jungle tour which was amazing. We had little speedboats and went around the mangroves out in the water and went to swim on a coral reef too. We also did Xplor which was brilliant. It was like a 4 in 1 trip, with quad biking, zip lines, cave swimming and river rafts.

Also, a bit cheesy but in my opinion a must was the pirate ship. What a great night that was lol xx

I stayed at the Royal Cancun. 5 star, adults only and pure utter bliss. Jacuzzi in every room and hammocks on the balcony. Every room is sea view. Every room also has its own bar with 4 optics with alcohol of your choice.

Wish I could go back xx

That's the sister hotel of the one we stayed at, I loved our own private jacuzzi!!

I can highly recommend both Riu Palaces out at Playa del Carmen, I personally prefered the Palace Riviera Maya when they were almost identical, but the Palace Mexico has just had a refurb and is quite a bit more modern now! We prefer it out there to Cancun as we find Cancun a bit too busy for us! I love Cancun for a visit or two, but when I've paid the best part of £5k and spent 12 hours travelling I want the peace, tranquility and beautiful beaches of Playa Del Carmen.

Visits wise, we've done Chichen Itza which I found really interesting... Second time around we flew rather than by coach which was so much better! The coach trip inland to Chichen Itza is pretty much a legalized paid for form ofntorture, so the only way i was going back was on a plane with air conditioning.

The ferry across to Cozumel is worth a trip for something a little different and the views. In terms of water based attractions there's Xel-Ha and Xcaret which are both owned by the same company, there are quite a few differences (in price too) but personally if you're after relaxation I would go for Xel-Ha which is more Eco based, whereas Xcaret is more man made and child orientated I found. xPlor is also through the same company which is awesome for a bit of thrill seeking!

Rest assured if you go for any 5* you wil definitely receive what you pay for... I've been to most places in the Caribbean and continue to return to Mexico for its excellent standards and service.

Xxx

Thanks everyone, I feel much more reassured now! Glad to hear you get what you pay for and the star scale is normal! Loved hearing your hotel recommendations, have had a little look at them all and now we have 3 or 4 to choose from! The excursions all sound great, which is fantastic. I could lie on a beach with my kindle for 2 weeks solid however my OH gets ants in his pants and needs something to do. So Mexico sounds ideal.

X

We went to cancun on our honeymoon and stayed at the great parnasus it was amazing we stayed in a suite had a huge sea facing balcony with a huge jacuzzi on it, 24 hour room service etc was amazing highly recommend, coco bongo in cancun is a MUST ! X

We stayed in the riu, cancun - plenty of bars and night clubs nearby and speedboats just a bus ride away, also took the ferry over to swim with dolphins and see shark, manatees, sting rays etc

A few years later we went to the Rivera princess in playa del carmen - much quieter resort which I preferred :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->