Mice in the house.. cant get rid of them!

xnmd1

mommmy of 1
Reaction score
There are two mice here. We catch a glimpse of them every so often but cant get rid of them ..

first we baited to traps with cheese, no luck. so we tried peanut buttwr.. no luck.

These trapa have been out for over a week and the mice havent gone near them. Then the landlord gave us 2 of those sticky pre baited traps . They have been out for four days and the mice havent gone near them either.

The cat hasnt got a chance to even see the things. One of the buggers just snuck past my foot, around a trap, and is hiding somewhere now..

They are like..smart mice. How are we going to get them out of here?

Oh no i dont know how id cope if they were in the house. But at least it gives you a better chance to catch them to get them out. We had one a few weeks ago but like in between the floorboards or something? We only heard it a few times i got one of those sound things that helps get rid of them and havent heard them since. Or maybe buy more of the sticky pads as more chance of catching them. They say though, so set them free far away from your home or else they will keep coming back. Good luck x

Get one of those sonic plug in things that emit a sound they can't stand. Humans don't hear the sound, so it's not annoying.

You've tried everything so now sounds like you're going to have to get pest control out, they will get them and will plug any holes to stop any getting in again!

I don't know how they do it. We had mice in the attic, put a humane trap down with cheese in, checked the next day. The cheese was gone but no mouse. :dohh:.
No suggestions as we have similar issues!

As a last ditch effort before you call in pest control I would personally set those sticky traps wherever you KNOW they are scurrying around. Do a good clean, stick to "food only in the kitchen/dining room" and keep both areas clean. Put all food away in the fridge or sealed in cupboards.

Those plug in things suck, haven't worked for us at all. The "snapping" traps that you bait can be a bit gruesome.. but we have a cat that is a KILLER.. she catches and eats the things usually. I'd seriously consider renting her out to people lol

Do mice really like cheese? I thought that was just something from cartoons like Tom and Jerry lol.

Anyways I would definitely get pest control involved!

mice like chocolate, i've known of a few people that hae caught them with it. i thought only cartoon mice liked cheese lol x

I don't think mice are very picky at all lol.

mice like chocolate, i've known of a few people that hae caught them with it. i thought only cartoon mice liked cheese lol x

My mum always uses chocolate too - apparently they really like it :haha:

Chocolate like fudge they also like sweets, toffee or kids sticky penny sort of ones

I used sticky mats. Horrific really but a cert. tried everything. The plugs do nothing to them , poison just makes them die in the walls, this was the only way.

You can use olive oil to release them from sticky mats but... We didn't :shock:

You can't waste time on it because they will breed.

We had this last year but I didn't know we had them till it was too late and they bred. Then we were getting up to droppings EVERYWHERE and they were in every room in the house! They were managing to take the bait off traps and get away, eating holes in stuff In the cupboards I honestly could have cried,

Got pest control in they baited the house, little black boxes full of poison they soon disappeared and nothing so far this year

We had this last year but I didn't know we had them till it was too late and they bred. Then we were getting up to droppings EVERYWHERE and they were in every room in the house! They were managing to take the bait off traps and get away, eating holes in stuff In the cupboards I honestly could have cried,

Got pest control in they baited the house, little black boxes full of poison they soon disappeared and nothing so far this year

oh my god if they breed i will just die!!!

I'm terrified of them coming back this year, I'm obsessed with cleaning the kitchen now (not that I was ever dirty) and checking the cupboards every day now so I could at least catch them early

Oh God, cannot stand mind. When I was pregnant with DD, we used to live in a basement and when I was 39 weeks pregnant I woke up to mice and promptly moved all our stuff upstairs, lol.

I've heard peanut butter works well but I'd consider pest control. We had mice at an apartment once and they came in and baited the walls, etc., and we never saw them ever again.

oh my god if they breed i will just die!!!

Honestly if you have seen two there will likely be more around :( our pest control only puts down bait traps which most of us could do so we had to research a bit more. Not a lot of the easy solutions work.

^^this is true. The first year I moved in here I went into the kitchen and saw a mouse run across the floor so knew I had them, promptly put traps down, caught one one week and another the next week and had no more but last year they must have got clever, I never saw any mice or even any evidence of them till it was too late :(. What I'm hoping is that because the pest control man baited the house last year that they won't bother coming this year, please god.

well one of thems gone ... woke up this morning and it had drowned in the toilet... mustve tried to get a drink of water.

i think theres one more. OH said there was two . I only have seen one at a time so going by his word..

who would have thought the toilet would get one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->