Mice in the house.. cant get rid of them!

Omg! Did you take it out the toilet??!!

i didnt hahah but OH did . we figutr he climbed in the bowl for a drink and couldnt get out. So were just keeping our eyes opened for more. And if theres any more were going to get pest control involved i guess

Did you do poison at all xnmd1? The poison can make them dehydrated so its not unknown to find them in the bathroom.

Shocked he was in the toilet though :rofl: We caught one with a trap by the tail (wasnt pretty or easy to sort out) and DH put him down the toilet. I was a bit scared of opening the pan for a bit after that :rofl:

You can get a type of poison that turns them into a sort of powder. Not pleasant but much better than a dead mouse rotting behind a cupboard. We used it last year when we had them in our floorboards.

DON'T put down poison if you like your cat or your neighbours like theirs! Your cat may not be very good at catching a healthy mouse running around but it might well eat a dead or dying one and then you have a risk of secondary poisoning. One poisoned mouse may not kill your cat (don't know if it would make it feel sick though) but several might... and where there is one mouse there are bound to be more (sorry!).

We had mice a while ago and the real solution is to fix any little holes they can use AND be scrupulously clean. If you can fit a biro in a gap, a mouse can get through it. We used mouse mesh on the outside air bricks, filled gaps under skirting, between floor boards, in the airing cupboard etc. Mice don't need to drink water to survive (they get enough from their food) and they only need a few grams of food per day so even a few crumbs can make a satisfying meal for them. It's very difficult with kids in the house but you just have to keep it clean. I was hoovering the whole house twice a day and the rooms the kids used three or four times! In your kitchen, make sure all food is stored in boxes the mice can't get into. We got some toy boxes with lids to use temporarily and it helped a lot. Try and keep things they could use for nesting boxed up too - old papers, fabric etc.

Traps might work but, as you've found, they can be difficult to get in the right place or some mice just know to avoid them. If you remove the food source, eventually they should go away (and block their access too). It can take a while and they may seem to be increasing in activity - when they get desperate, they start coming out at different hours to see what's around at different times. Freaky when you see them more but it's a good sign if you're seeing them during the day or rooms they wouldn't normally be in.

we didnt use poison . if they dont need water i wonder what it was doing in the toilet? lol

:rofl: they are weird things! Years ago I was casually watching hollyoaks and a mouse just sat straight in front of me looking at me the whole time. I'm sitting there frozen thinking wtf?? The night went on and I had a few drinks to myself when we met again, I drunkenly built a DVD wall and trapped him in a corner only to realise it could climb walls :shock: :rofl: hubby came home at that point and was like erm...what ya doin?!?

I also found out he could fly , once I got the lil shit and threw him out the window :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->