microgynon 30, when to stop taking?

LoolaBear

3 On Earth 1 in Heaven
Reaction score
:wave: I'm inthe WTT stage at the moment but plan to start TTC next year.

my question is when do i think about coming off my BC? im currently taking microgynon 30.

i know there is a possibilty that i could concieve straight away after coming off because of the jump in hormones or something like that can cause hyper fertility for the first month. but then afte that things can go a bit haywire and also hyper fertility the first month after stopping is only experienced by a small percentage of the population.

so if i go by the average of population who take 6 months to clear the system do you think its a good idea to stop taking it 6 months before TTC and using another form of BC (non hormonal) or just wait until TTC date and just do it knowing it could take a while to conceive as i will be waitign for my body to regulate again?

what would you do?

I remember feeling confused like you did befcore i had my dd and was lurking here before we started ttc. I couldnt decide if it was better to come off this pill (which i was also on) and get my cycles back to normal, or whether to just wait. In the end, we waited, my cycles went back to 27/28 days straight away when we started ttc and I fell pg the third month of trying. I'm now ttc #2 (having gone back onto Microgynon 30) and the first month off it, my cycle was 29 days, so again, pretty standard.

Anyway I just wanted to share my story. Only you can really decide whats right for you! If you've had weird cycles before BC (I could barely remember!!) then maybe worth coming off sooner rather than later, otherwise I wouldnt worry too much. I know a lot of people who conceived immediately after coming off this pill.

Lots of luck to you! XX

thank you, the only issue i have is shorter cycles when not on the pill. they are normally 23-24 days long so it will be strange to loose the extra 4 days on my cycles i have been having whilst on the pill.

I think i will jsut wait for now and get closer to the 6 months mark before TTC and then discuss it with the OH again and go on from there.

x

I came off it 6 months early last time, it didnt really mess with my cycles and i actually conceived 1st month of trying. That was microgynon. This time round I was on the Mini pill and it through my cycles completely off. I'd personally come off at least 3 months before TTC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->