Microgynon 30

samikatie

Reaction score
Hi girls

is anyone on microgynon 30 and thinking about coming off it? I've been on it for 5 years and have recently been thinking that maybe I should give my body a break and let my normal cycle sort itself out. After Reading posts on other websites about the side effects I've only just realised that it may be down to the pill that I'm moody, lazy, lower libido etc.

I do want to ttc early next year which is why I'm considering coming off microgynon but is it too early to come off it?

From what I've gathered reading on here, there is a chance of increased fertility the month after you stop the pill. However, many women choose to come off the pill at least 3 months before TTC to give their bodies a chance to regain a regular cycle. This too can take months and is different for everybody. Also be prepared for random symptoms when you come off!

Yeah hun ive been on this one since i was 17/18, and ive been considering dropping it off and going on a hormone free one, as im wtt in 3 years (its a while away) but once its out of my system ill hopefully be ready and regulated for 3 years time..good luck hun xx

I got pregnant ON microgynon 30 :shrug:

Hey

I think every-one differs to be honest, I was on microgynon 30 for about 15 years without a break, Came off it just over two months ago, got my first AF after about 7 weeks, should be on my 2nd cycle now but still nothing! :shrug:

As for the mood swings etc for me personally I dont think its made any differance, lol if anything its made me worse. Inparticular this week because i am totally pmt'd up and nothing is happening! :nope:. My poor DF must wonder what's he's done as I am like the evil witch from hell!, lol. Feel terrible because my moods are all over the place, one minute im laughing next minute I feel like crying!
We are planning TTC from January so im hoping things will be starting to get back to normal by then!

xx

I'm in the exact same place as you are, I've only just looked in to the side effects and realised I've got a few of them, like depression, mood swings, tired, feeling sick, headaches, bloated, etc. Also, it doesn't help my period pains, and I got pregnant whilst on it! Useless, so my OH and I are looking in to other forms of contraception instead.

i was on it for 3 years, came off it in July 08 to ttc and was pg in august! just depends on your body!

I suppose it does just depend on each indivudual!

I've decided to stop taking it now and let my body get back to normal...you just don't know how long it takes so I thought i'd do it now rather than 6 months down the line

I'm expecting some side effects of coming off the pill now, fingers crossed they're not that bad!!! x

I was on microgynon before my 1st and had all the side effects, moodiness, low libdo etc. Anyway fell pregnant immediately.

I was on it for YEARS and came off and fell 2nd cycle. :)

Hi. i was on it for 12 years. i had low libido while on it apart from that i had no other side affects. i have been of off it for 4 months now my libido has increased alot i feel much better my cycle went back to normal straight away. still not pregnant tho. ever month while waiting for af i get lots of symptoms like pregnancy ones so think i am but i,m not. hope tyhis helps.:hugs:

I'm TTC now and had to wait 7 weeks for AF now waiting for the next one and am about 4 days late but getting BFN's. Used to have every 30 days..

On the first month i had nausea. headaches and sore bb's this month seems to feel normal though. I know doctors say you loose the chemicals straight away but i'm not so sure as last month was really horrible. Looking back i wish i had come off of it a few months ago before TTC

I was on it for 6-7 years, came off it and feel pregnant in about 8 months x

I was on Microgynon 30 from the age of 13 until a month ago (i'm nearly 19). I stopped taking it a month ago as the doctor told me it wasn't helping my anxiety. I also didn't like the fact I was using artificial hormones. I am currently on CD 32 and no sign of the :witch: yet. Had loads of dodgy symptoms the past few weeks (nausea, cramping, headaches, mood swings etc) but I know this is due to withdrawal. After being on it for 5-6 years I'm not surprised lol.

I'm not TTC for at least another 4 years so we are just sticking to condoms as I don't really want to use hormonal or invasive (coil, implant etc) contraception. I will say that I've never fallen pregnant on this pill despite the fact I had taken many late (not on purpose) whereas many people have so I guess this pill works different for different people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->