Microwave Sterilisers

mightyspu

No life since Aug 2009...
Reaction score
I may be a little daft here, but we bought this steriliser from Mothercare and it doesn't fit in our microwave! We've measured both of my Mum's microwaves (why she has 2 I have no idea) and it wouldn't fit in there either. Are we alone in this? has anyone else had a problem with microwave steamers being too big?

It is too high? It looks like it would be too high to fit in our microwave. Can you just return it? I have the Tommy Tippee which just fits into our microwave (which I would say is a standard if not smaller than average size microwave).

Yes we can return it, but we wanted a generic one to take any size of bottle. We have to return it, I am not buying a new microwave! :haha:

A lot of the micro steamers appeared to be a similar size. We've seen an Avent one on the website which may suit, I just wondered if it was a common problem.

We use a avent microwave steriliser and while it fits in fine, I would say any bigger and it wouldnt! lol.. I use that and also have some tommy tippee bottles too, I just shove them in there too, seems to work fine, I just lean them against other bottles in there so they dont fall over. xx

We have the tommee tippee one and fits in our microwave which is on the smaller side too!

DH was also loathe to spend more on a brand product as they seem to be more expensive just because they come with bottles, but I have found them cheaper online!

it was really infuriating when our shiny new toy was just a tiny bit too big, and our microwave is hardly titchy!

In my mums house the tommee tippee microwave steriliser just about fit in but I had to take the glass plate out for it to fit. my own microwave I have never tried it because I prefer cold water sterilising lol

EDIT - I use tesco's skinny bottles in the tommee tippee one just fine! If you considered using it as a cold water steriliser you can fit any shape or sized bottle in as long as they're fully submerged. I can usually fit 4 skinny bottles and a sippy cup or two (one's way bigger than the other two i have)all fully submerged

Didn't buy a microwave steriliser because I knew there was no way one would fit in our microwave. Ours is not very tall, you can't fit in one of those covent garden soup cartons for example. It actually came with a little stand to lay bottles on to warm them up. But I would've thought the majority of 'standard' microwaves would be ok for sterilisers.

our microwave just packed in and we had to make sure we got a 23 litre capacity to accommodate our tommee tippee sterilizer :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
musicmommy89
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->