Mid cycle temping question (while working overnights)

melissa850

Reaction score
Little bit of info on my cycles and myself: I work overnights and have been TTC for 4 months now. I haven't been tracking my temps or using OPK's this cycle because we've been moving and started a new course in school so it's been a hectic month. Finally stumbled upon my BBT thermometer this afternoon and was curious if it is too late in my cycle to start temping now? :shrug:

I'm not sure if I've ovulated or not yet, I'm pretty sure that I may have but haven't had fertile CM (I normally don't since coming off BC). I started taking Vitex (1000mg/day) this cycle on CD 3 and stopped on CD11 hoping to help boost ov and ewcm, also to lengthen my luteal phase. I've also been doing green tea and EPO. My cycles are normally anywhere from 24 to 29 days. I had my typical ov symptoms already though: sore and enlarged BBs, bubbling feeling on right side near ovary area, slight cramping, and increased libido. :blush:

Is it worth it to start temping now just in case I haven't ovulated? Would I be able to notice ovulation without temping until so late in my cycle? & would I be able to notice an implantation dip if it were to happen?

Also, any graveyard shifters with advice on temping while working overnights would be appreciated! Thanks ladies.

It does sound like you might of missed your ov, but be good to get back on track with temping ready for next cycle. Not sure about working nights, but wondering the same thing as I'm starting night shifts next week. I think for you to get a true bbt you need to have had a proper sleep for at least 3 hrs.

I would start taking your temp just to get Into the routine of doing it but I wouldn't bother recording it on your chart. Start recording your temps from cd1 :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->