Mid-May buddies!

Congrats MissDoc! Both of my labors have been fast like yours. Ouch on the tears. My second degree one is pretty painful and can't imagine more!

How is everyone's LOs doing? Mine is starting to sleep better at night finally.

Hey! Baby girl is doing alright, better a bit now that we started reflux meds. She is NOT sleeping well though. Won't stay in her bassinet very long at night, (or for any nap for that matter), still wants to sleep on us. I'm really not liking that, as I don't feel comfortable with it. Problem is, when I nurse her at night, I TRY to stay awake, but end up falling asleep, as does she. What are everyone's tips for staying awake during night time feedings? I didn't want to be the mom that slept with baby in bed, and I'm terrified of Sids, so can't believe it's happening.

Personally I watch something on my chromebook. If I'm tired enough to fall asleep, I follow the cosleeping guidelines my midwife gave me as best I can. Firm mattress, just one pillow, one thin blanket tucked around waist, baby next to mom but not dad, rolled up towels tucked in cracks or crevices at the side of the bed, and a guardrail or bed against wall so baby can't fall off. A separate sleep surface is better but if that isn't happening, do your best to be safe. Don't go breastfeed on the couch to stay awake, that's less safe than your bed even if you can't follow every recommendation.

Oh, mom is breastfeeding and not on drugs of any sort and doesn't smoke are also on the list.

Harrison sleeps better now at night but it is next to me. I have an Owlet so I'm less anxious about it. I do follow most of the rules though and I'm not with my husband sleeping. Amanda, do you have an inclined surface like a rock and play to sleep in since she has reflux?

Harrison just smiled for me this morning :)

Mine is sleeping fairly well. He has given me a 5 hour stretch the past few nights, hoping it continues. He does go back down pretty easily after eating. He starts out in the bassinet but after a big feeding I'll switch to the rock n play so he's not spitting up and laying flat. That helps.
As for staying awake while nursing I always turn on my lamp and sit up instead of laying down. If I'm really sleepy, can't hold my eyes open, I get out my phone and scroll Facebook and that helps. I can't co sleep bc I have a 2 year old that ends up in my bed in the middle of the night! I'd be too nervous about it anyway. I use the snuza breathing monitor too and that gives me peace of mind.
I'm getting baby smiles as well and it melts my heart!
Craziest thing is that he rolls over! I did tummy time for the first time at 2 weeks and he rolled straight over. I thought it was a fluke but every time we do tummy time he does it again. So crazy!!

Amanda I feel like the rock n play makes them feel like they are being held, you can also reach over and rock it while half asleep, and it's great for reflux! If you don't have one it sounds like it could solve your problems!

Wow, everyone had their babies and are momming it up over here! I've been too consumed with the baby to get on BnB until I'm now finally back at work :haha:

MissDoc, ouch, what a fast labor! Hope you're feeling ok at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->