Mid-May buddies!

I'm 5 days over now. Been trying everything, walking, sex, spicy food, even ate a pineapple last night, but nothing. I think I'm just paranoid that the longer she's in there the more chance something can go wrong. Then the nurse tells my already super anxious self "you monitor her movement, and if anything changes you come right to the birthing center, don't wait! Because we've seen people wait and have bad outcomes", so last night, I woke up at 3:00 for an hour to monitor her movement. I need her out so I know she's ok, I'm starting to lose it over here! Lol

I understand. There are so many opinions on that but I agree with wanting them out before too much overdue.
Are you in the us? I'm trying to figure out how that works with them just calling you. I can't imagine how helpless you must feel!

I'm in Canada. I feel completely and utterly helpless. Just waiting by the phone is so difficult, then to call and find out they haven't called in anyone over the past 2 days. Ugh! I wish I'd just lose my plug, or my water would break, or something, but nope! Tons of Braxton hicks, but that's it. Just annoying.

I'm so sorry. I can only imagine how you feel. It has to be soon!

I had a sweep this morning.
Midwife said cervix is high but very soft and she managed to get a finger in. She can feel baby's head.
Baby is engaged 3/5 into the pelvis.
Next appt scheduled for next Sat when I will be 41+3, will have another sweep then and book induction if no baby beforehand.

How are you holding up amanda? Marypoppins did the sweep do anything?

My baby isn't engaged at all, he's very high. The dr said she thinks he can't get into my pelvis bc my uterus leans forward so much (due to muscle separation from the twins) I've been doing stuff all day to get him to drop. She did say my contractions will eventually force him in there. I just feel like I would've already had him if he could get in there. And I think that's the reason for all the false labor stuff too

I'm holding up, nothing yet though, and no call from hospital.
Mary poppins hopefully the sweep does something! Also, lanet I hope your dr is right, and you just need some good contractions. My baby is also still high.

Hope they call you soon Amanda!
My baby was really high up until a few days ago Lanet. My bump is still very high but baby has apparently engaged 3/5ths into the pelvis.
Im still at home and still pregnant. I have been having contractions but nothing regular enough,my mom assures me every contraction will be doing something.
40+4 and fed up now, COME ON BABY

I feel like everyone on here went over due except one person! That's unusual where I live. My sister is a labor and delivery nurse and says they absolutely do not like to let people go past due date!

I feel like everyone on here went over due except one person! That's unusual where I live. My sister is a labor and delivery nurse and says they absolutely do not like to let people go past due date!

My hospital induce at 12 days over unless there is a problem/high risk

I guess it's different everywhere!
Any guesses on how much your baby weighs?
I'm going to guess 8 lbs 5 oz for my little guy.

Lanet, where I live they let you go over by 2 weeks unless there's a medical reason! I'm desperately hoping I don't get that far.

Lanet, where I live they let you go over by 2 weeks unless there's a medical reason! I'm desperately hoping I don't get that far.

My midwife told me they book the induction here for 12 days over just incase theu have lots of emergencies and have to bump you to the following days.
You can also refuse to be induced and just wait until baby decides to come, I don't think I could wait that long!!!

My ob asked me if i want induced. I think if I said no she would push for it at 41 weeks but I'm not sure

I always thought I'd be quite happy to be induced.. having had the medication used to induce labour to speed up mine, certainly wouldn't choose that option! I got given the oxytocin drip right before my first epi failed and it was hell on earth until the anaesthetist could come gimme a second one! That said, I imagine everyone is different and I did go straight in at the highest dose!

Hope your little ones come soon ladies. I'm currently trying not to fall asleep with a very needy 4 day old. The first 3 nights she slept fairly well, a good 2/3 hour block. Today, we've fed constantly and she refuses to sleep anywhere but on my boob!!

Zzzz.

Baby Brielle born this morning at 2:45 via c section. Was induced by ballon catheter Monsay night, then went in for oxytocin yesterday morning. Ended in a c section due to her size and not descending into pelvis. Over the moon!!

Oh so happy for you finally amanda!! Congratulations!!
What was her weight?
Sonny going straight to the highest dose does sound brutal! I go in tomorrow night! I'm very excited and getting everything ready. I hope it goes smoothly since my cervix is ready!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->