• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Midcycle bleeding, close to O time, and BD the day before

BrandyBestPal

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

DH and I are ntnp... but we have been pretty careful to avoid BDing during my fertile time... except this month.

We BD on Saturday, then Sunday morning I woke up with some light bleeding/spotting (mostly brown, some pinkish spotting). Just enough for a panty liner. I am still lightly spotting today.
Although I haven't used an opk, I know that this is around my O time.
I should also mention that we use the PO method.

I am just confused - why the spotting? I've never had this around O time. It would be too early for implantation bleeding, right?
Could it just me messed up hormones this month? I am always regular, always on time.

Anyone with experience?

I know this won't help too much, but that's kind of what my body did this month. First month off BC, for me. DH and I are ntnp, but even after that happened I was feeling off. We'd BD'd a few times in the week before, and the last couple days I've been very emotional, but today and yesterday I haven't been too crazy.

Mid-cycle bleeding isn't common, but it doesn't mean anything is necessarily wrong either. If it's something that keeps up, I would definitely talk to your PCP. Good Luck lady!!

Fingers crossed that it's a sticky little egg finding it's home for the next 9 months :)

Thanks for the responses.
I guess my mid-cycle bleeding was O'ing afterall. I got my BFP this morning. This wasn't totally planned, but we are thrilled!

I am in a similar situation and looking for information.

DD is 10months and we have been ttc for about the last 5 or 6months but with dh being away for work around O it's been a little harder than with DD who only took 6weeks to conceive. I'm not sure what's going on with my cycles, they were pretty regular before DD and I was 6months pp when af returned for the first time and they are still all over the place (probably because we are still bf). Then this cycle I bled for about 7days (longer than usual for me) and then 6 days after af finished we dtd and I began bleeding again for another 4days. I tried opks and only a faint line showed so no surge was caught. I was wondering if it was just insane hormones from impending O which seems to be what happened with you. Congratulations on your bfp! FX my situation is caused by the same reason :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->