Middle Name Opinions

grace10209

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am almost 18weeks pregnant and so thankful to be here. I am looking some opinions on the middle name for my daughter. Her name will be Marlena which I just LOVE, we will call her Marly or Lena (Lay-nah) for nicknames.

I am stuck on finding a middle name, our last name is 3 syllables also so im trying to find something that flows nicely. and of course, DH has to agree :dohh: - which makes it very hard as he says no to a lot.

Anyway, right now I have

Marlena Nicole or
Marlena Morgan

Do you like one more than the other? Love them both? Hate them both?

THank you !!!!!!!!!!

I think Marlena Nicole works better than Morgan. The MM sound seems awkward to say when I tried saying them both out loud. Truthfully, I am not totally crazy about the way Marlena Nicole flows either. I love both names, just not together but I do think, if those are your options, its the best one.

I think Marlena Nicole flows best due to the fact that "n" is the final consonant in "Marlena."

Thanks Ladies. its SOOOOOO tough to find a name that goes well with Marlena. That my DH will agree to. he says NO to all the good ones :dohh:

Marlena Grace - no, Marlena Jane - no, Marlena Reece - no.

Ughhhhhhhh

any other suggestions. ?

other ones I had are Marlena Scarlet, Marlena Eve, Marlena jean, Marlena Charlotte.

Like any of those BETTER then Marlena Nicole? :shrug:

Hi, firstly I love the name Marlena!! Very cute and classy at the same time.

I wish he liked the Marlena Grace combo...because that instantly came to mind.

What about: Marlena Leigh/Lee, Joy, Hope, May?
Those sound great too!

Good Luck

Something with one syllable would sound really pretty:

Jean, Jane, Grace, May/Mae, Lynn(e), Ann(e), etc.

Marlena Rose, Marlena Lily, Marlena Skye, Marlena Kai

I agree with one syllable although Marly Nicole is very cute.

I like Marlena Nicole a lot!

What about Marlena Renee?

It popped into my head because my one of my cousin's is named Nicole and my other cousin is Renee.... sorry random thought out loud... lol

Thanks so much ladies. I agree, I wanted a one syllable too. I wish he would agree on Grace but its a no and he wont change mind. he has good reason.

what about Marlena Eve?........thats another one I had thought of. Our neighbor just named their baby middle name Rose, and our other neighbors is lilly so those are out without even asking him.

Marlena Renee might work. So maybe's are:
Marlena Nicole, Marlena Renee, Marlena Jean, Marlena Leigh, not sure I like Ann or Lynn (too common middle names here)

Thank you SO MUCH guys. Please keep ideas coming!!!

Another Idea.........my grandmother who I am closest to in the world, her name is Alice, I WISH that Marlena Alice went well together. i really want to name her after my grandmother, but honestly - i dont think it sounds good at all?

agreed?

THANK YOU ! we are NOT telling anyone the name til she's here so you are all i have to talk to about this!

I think ideally a one syllable name flows better but if you love a name there is no reason not to have it, like Alice I like that. At the end of the day you only say the full name a handful of times so if it doesnt flow perfectly it doesn't matter! My dd has 2 middle names which now I don't think flow perfectly and can be a mouthful but I love all her names because for me there is a reason for each one which makes it special to me and hopefully to her as she grows up!

Good luck in choosing a name! :)

Meath to say I also like Beth or Ruth? :)

Thank you for the comments, its so hard. I LOVE Marlena so much and im just not finding a middle that I am head over heels for - you know?

Maybe I'll just go with Marlena Alice for my grandmother.......... it means a lot. Does it sound that terrible? :shrug:
will she hate it? lol

Is that your little one in your profile pic? If I had to guess on a nub I would have guessed boy but I'm sure you must have already found it its a girl ;) How about Marlena Laree?

I like Eve. I am naming my daughter Zoe Quinn. No one else likes Quinn but I think its adorable. Also, I am a star trek fan (I know, super dorky) and I love the character Q so for her nickname I call her Q and I think Q is super adorable.

At the end of the day go with what you like. I prefer Eve over Nicole but like I said, Marly Nicole sounds great. What is his grandmothers name? Maybe something surrounding that would be an option he would appreciate?

I like Eve. I am naming my daughter Zoe Quinn. No one else likes Quinn but I think its adorable. Also, I am a star trek fan (I know, super dorky) and I love the character Q so for her nickname I call her Q and I think Q is super adorable.

At the end of the day go with what you like. I prefer Eve over Nicole but like I said, Marly Nicole sounds great. What is his grandmothers name? Maybe something surrounding that would be an option he would appreciate?

Quinn is a great name! One of my best friends is named Quinn and I've always adored her name. :)

I really like Marlena Nicole.

But what about Marlena Simone or Marlena Sophie / Sophia.

It's so hard to pic a name both parents agree on. Xx good luck

If I have a daughter her middle name will be Quinn too!!
But I'm not telling anyone because they all "hate it "

Also I think Marlena Alice is beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->