Middle Name Opinions

I think every name you picked goes with it! It's a pretty name and everything worked. Don't over think it!

I like Eve. I am naming my daughter Zoe Quinn. No one else likes Quinn but I think its adorable. Also, I am a star trek fan (I know, super dorky) and I love the character Q so for her nickname I call her Q and I think Q is super adorable.

At the end of the day go with what you like. I prefer Eve over Nicole but like I said, Marly Nicole sounds great. What is his grandmothers name? Maybe something surrounding that would be an option he would appreciate?

Omg omg! I love love love Quinn!

I really like Marlena Nicole.

But what about Marlena Simone or Marlena Sophie / Sophia.

It's so hard to pic a name both parents agree on. Xx good luck

Omg Simone??? I had not thought of that
Marlena Simone - I like it!!! Now let's see what DH says - :dohh:

Thank you all so much for talking this through with me/

We aren't telling the name so u guys are all I have to talk to.
I'm glad someone said Marlena Alice was nice - I would love to do it for my grandmother but thought it sounded bad...??

I am 36 so we did the blood test that tells gender - all girl chromosomes :)

Can I ask the last name? That will help me to say the full name and heat how it flows (if that's not too personal) I go like marlena joy though, anything too long or too "first name ish" takes away from the first name, imo

My phone just deleted my huge post!!! Errrr

Long story short was- after reading the whole thread I think you should use Alice. It sounds cute with the nick names too! I think it would be such a beautiful way to honor your grandma, which would mean the world to her :) its also better than a name that may "fit" or "flow" because it has purpose and meaning and value. If it were totally odd then I wouldn't recommend using it but it does actually sound good and it is a really sweet name. I think you will love remembering such a special loved one everytime you look at your little angel and call her by her full name. I think the other names are cute too but to be lucky enough to have a family name that can be used that isn't hideous (lol) is awesome. It would always bring you more joy to know the meaning behind her name rather than using one that just won the vote. I am not against using names that just sound good and flow (that's what will probably end up with us for this baby #4) but to have a name that you actually do like and it sounds good, even if not your favorite, then the meaning behind it (to me) pushes it to the top by far.

It's beautiful to picture the love and joy that would fill the room if you announced that you are passing the name on :) what a special gift that you could give to your grandma and to your daughter.

I hope that didn't offend or sound too pushy! Totally just my opinion :)

Just a thought...

I looked at 'nicknames for Alice' and found this answer from a poster on another site:

What about Celia? It's Alice all rearranged. Lissa, Lia, CeCe, Lis, Elli/Elly?
Alice is an old nickname for Adelaide, so maybe Addie? I'm trying to be as creative as I can, but it's challenging with such a difficult name. :)

Thought maybe you could toy with those and see if anything hit your fancy since the name 'Alice' holds a lot of meaning to you. I'm not sure how much you would really use the whole name out loud either so maybe the flow isn't as important? Of course, I do think it needs at least a little flow. Hehehe. :flower:

My phone just deleted my huge post!!! Errrr

Long story short was- after reading the whole thread I think you should use Alice. It sounds cute with the nick names too! I think it would be such a beautiful way to honor your grandma, which would mean the world to her :) its also better than a name that may "fit" or "flow" because it has purpose and meaning and value. If it were totally odd then I wouldn't recommend using it but it does actually sound good and it is a really sweet name. I think you will love remembering such a special loved one everytime you look at your little angel and call her by her full name. I think the other names are cute too but to be lucky enough to have a family name that can be used that isn't hideous (lol) is awesome. It would always bring you more joy to know the meaning behind her name rather than using one that just won the vote. I am not against using names that just sound good and flow (that's what will probably end up with us for this baby #4) but to have a name that you actually do like and it sounds good, even if not your favorite, then the meaning behind it (to me) pushes it to the top by far.

It's beautiful to picture the love and joy that would fill the room if you announced that you are passing the name on :) what a special gift that you could give to your grandma and to your daughter.

I hope that didn't offend or sound too pushy! Totally just my opinion :)

Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate it a lot :winkwink:
and I think you are right, I think if i dont go with Marlena Alice, I will regret it and im not finding a middle name that totally knocks my socks off, so i shouldn't go with another just because it "kind of goes", you know?
What you wrote was very kind and meant a lot. if you were knew my history with her, you'd be balling right now after writing what you did.
wowza, pregnancy hormones! anyway, thank you ! :thumbup:

Also, I can't share last name, my DH's family likes to stalk me online and they get pist at me for what i write (even if im anonymous) they figure it out..... so if I put it in they could easily figure out its me and then its a nightmare. :haha: NOT KIDDING. lol

nela, cccbb,
Thank you guys so much for your comments, ideas, etc. It helps to be able to talk this through with people.........I know I am putting too much weight and stress on myself for this one. :dohh: Deep down, I know that if I am not finding something I love as much as Marlena, then I really need to go with Marlena Alice for my grandmother.

Marlena Alice is beautiful.. and she will always have a piece of your grandma with her.. xx

Thanks everyone. 18 weeks tomorrow! so exciting!

Firstly, I adore the name Marlena, so so pretty!!.

The ones you have mentioned so far:

Nicole - Don't hate it, but don't love it. Flows fine.
Morgan - Really dislike, sorry. I don't think it flows great either.
Scarlet - Love this, but I don't think it flows great.
Eve - Dislike. Flows fine.
Jean - Really dislike, sorry. Flows fine.
Charlotte - Really like it and it flows fine.
Renee - Really like it and flows well.
Leigh - Dislike. Doesn't flow great either as they sound too much together with the "le" parts.
Alice - I love the meaning behind this and I actually think Marlena Alice flows very well and is so so beautiful!!.

Other suggestions (sorry for any repeats):

Kate
Paige
Dawn
Fawn
Niamh/Neve
Ruth
Ferne
Faye
Drew
Erin
Noelle