Middle name/s question.

Buffyx

Expecting #2
Reaction score
We have a 7 month old DD with two middle names, after each of her grandmothers.

We will use two middle names for a son if we have a boy this time - named after his two grandfathers.

My concern is if we have another girl. DH has a dear family friend that he has known since birth, and we will be using her name as a middle name for her. But we don't have a second middle name we want to use.

Do you think we should use a filler middle name, or just go with the one middle name? Do you think it's weird to have one baby with two middle names and then one baby with one?

Help! :) :flower:

I think it's fine to use just the one name. It won't seem weird to have different lengths of middle names if they know the significance of their middle names, but it could possibly feel weird for your second daughter to know that her siblings have middle names that all really mean something, when her second middle name doesn't have any true significance.

I think it's fine to use just the one name. It won't seem weird to have different lengths of middle names if they know the significance of their middle names, but it could possibly feel weird for your second daughter to know that her siblings have middle names that all really mean something, when her second middle name doesn't have any true significance.

We tried & tried to think of people to honour for the second middle name, but came up with nothing.

My middle name is after my Mum, and my sister's middle name isn't after anyone and I guess we never really thought twice about it though?

I have five sisters. The three eldest have only one middle name and the three youngest (myself included in that) have two middle names. It isn't strange at all. I am the fourth daughter that changed the number of middle names because I was born unexpectedly at home and our neighbour, and good family friend at the time, helped to deliver me. I was given her name as my second middle name as a little special reminder. Then my parents decided to have two middle names for my younger sisters too!

When I had my first son I knew we would be giving him (or her if he was a girl) the middle name Leslie after my DP granddad who died a few years before he was born. When DP picked Alfie for the first name I didn't think that Alfie Leslie sounded right so I picked a second middle name & it flowed much better.

When I had my second son I insisted he have two middle names like his brother. I couldn't give one two middle names & not the other.

As it happened my sister ended up delivering my DS2 during my home birth so I used a name to honour her in his middle name. His second middle name is DP grandmothers maiden name which I just happened to love.

It's never crossed my mind that DS2 has two middle names that mean a lot with family ties but DS1 has 1 middle name with a special connection & one that has no particular meaning. It's not something that he's ever questioned or me.

This baby will be getting two middle names as well tho I have no idea what yet. We are letting the boys pick one each but if they get their way it will be batman & mcdonalds as they have suggested all ready.

Myself & my younger brother have a middle name each, but our two older sisters don't & they have always said how much they hate not having a middle name.

Well its a boy! We found out yesterday so we don't have to worry about the middle name saga. He will be named after both of his grandfathers.

I have six children, oldest has one middle name, second technically doesn't have any (double barrelled first name), third didn't have one, fourth has one, firth has two as does the sixth. I don't think it really matters :)

Congrats on the baby boy!! Problem solved! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->